My Nine Pillars for 2015 -making Hartford a world class city (long)

CTnative4444

Yes, Winchester, Marlin, Springfield and S&W along with Remington.

Also, How about a bicycle museum/hall of fame? We should be proud that Columbia (Pope Manufacturing) built bikes in Hartford.

Also, how about an antique auto museum featuring cars built in the Hartford area..(Pope-Hartford, Charter Oak, Corbin)

If not an antique auto..a museum of Hartford made products...from Underwood typewriters to Pope Hartford to A1 and Fuller Brush.

Some of those are in the Connecticut state museum across from the capital.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beer: I grew up in CT and I didn't realize that the CT state museum was open to the public

They need to promote it.

Heck, CT tourism board should advertise. Here in Florida, we have ads for Missouri, Wisconsin, Maine, New York, Michigan, North Carolina, Georgia and Alaska. CT has lots of nice spots (Mystic Seaport, Valley Railroad, Mystic Aquarium, New England Air Museum... so they need to promote it around the country.

• 4 weeks later...

decided to put this here because its a discussion thread... and coule be related...

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/article/20121128/PRINTEDITION/311289974/hartford-regions-two-decades-of-highs-lows

not sure how I found this old article... but its basically terrifying  lol

I know alot about the history here economically, but reading 1992-1995 was depressing

I know its even worse.. but this city sure has seen some knocks!!!

Archived