Welcome to UrbanPlanet - Metro Grand Rapids!

PBJ

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a bunch of kids. :)

GR native, graduate of Creston High, U-M and U-M law school. Lived in GR until 1979, then went to law school and moved to LA upon graduation.

It is my intent to provide historical perspective for your observations, whippersnappers.

19 y/o, graduate of catholic central.

currently going to community for something to do with business.

raised and still live in wyoming (godwin heights area)

dream of seeing Grand Rapids (downtown especially) finally reach its true potential! not to mention a bigger Van Andel Arena lol.

Ok, a bit about me.

28 year old male. Married with one son.

Born and raised in a suburb of GR. Left for 6 years to go to college in Detroit and Savannah, GA.

Currently living in the same suburb I grew up in, (although contemplating a move to the city).

I work in the city and am involved in quite a few design and development projects.

Nitro

I've been lurking for quite a while, but I'll start to try to add my two cents to this great forum. Here's my bio:

36 (next month)

Married, 2 kids (6 & 2 1/2)

Born and raised on the West Side.

Currently working in Muskegon, living in Comstock Park.

Briefly lived in downtown GR, but not very kid friendly, so the wife made us move back to the burbs.

Have worked on renovating a few houses on the West Side, hope to do the same someday with buildings downtown.

Grid Girl:

28 year old female:

I grew up in the first garden district in the City of Grand Rapids. My personal goals include a MBA degree; to own a zero-waste house and building; to write a book; to raise $1 million for my neighborhood; to always act as a citizen first; and to continue to challenge myself to look at the world and change, with an open mind.

I live in the Uptown District:

Uptown, an east side district in Grand Rapids is a unique urban village of five neighborhoods (Baxter, East Hills, Eastown, Fulton Heights, and Midtown) and four business districts (East Hills, East Fulton, Eastown, and Wealthy Street). This community and economic development partnership has strengthened the vitality of Uptown as a great place to live, work, shop, play and learn.

Surprise, Surprise:

I work in community, local economic, and real estate development. I patron local businesses and I volunteer for multiple organizations. My GR city limits are from 1891. I'm either on the grid or I'm leaving the metro area. I love to camp, canoe, and I am an avid sports fan. Detroit Basketball. I

I'm New. I'll go. ;o)

I'm 23, a female, and currently live in wyoming. I'm looking to move sooner than later.

I would really like to meet new people who have an interest in doing fun things around grand rapids and enjoying local music---if you happen to be one of these new people--PLEASE let me know. :blush:

I work in advertising/entertainment.

I'm excited that I found this message bored.

An interesting fact about me: I take Karate!! :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, how true. And oh, so late. #($*$()#*)(Q*)@

Well, in the ultimate scheme of things, it is not life-threatening. Or is it?

B.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your secret is safe with me. Anyways, back to the thread focus, any new members or lurkers out there that wish to show themselves?

I'm 33, married, no kids.

Born in GR, raised on NE side.

Graduated from WMU, with Degree in Telecom Mgt., Journalism.

Worked in radio for 4 years before moving to Chicago nearly 5 years ago. Have been working for Wholesale Insurance Brokerage in Loop since moving here. Moved to inner ring suburb of Skokie almost a year ago.

Caught the GR/Downtown/Development bug when visiting my Grandma who worked at the Michigan National Bank Building in the 70's and 80's. Still remember when Steketee's filled 8 floors (and the basement) of the BCBS building, and when Herp's filled the whole Police/State Building.

I'm surprised I havent posted

Statistics:

22 years old, Male in Walker, MI with a Computer Science Degree, and I also have multiple IT certifications. Currently unemployed, although I can't say my last job was "employment". Just graduated with my degree, so my last job was shall we say enough for college expenses :P Also I run http://www.snoogit.com its not much, but its fun.

Interests:

I like to learn anything and everything, people have called me "curious" but I'm not so much curious about people, as I am about the environment surrounding me. I also enjoy reading books, and taking pictures. I don't consider myself a professional on that account, although I try to be. I like gadgets, and anything that lights up and looks new. (the term "ooooh shiny!" comes to mind) I like to consider myself humorus, but most of the time I seem to fall into the trap of relying on inside jokes. I do enjoy good comedy though. And I prefer seeing a comedian over going to see a band or other musical event. I also have an interest in Archetecture, and got that desire from playing too much Simcity. I probably seem boring, but I do find entertainment in my life, I just look for it in odd places.

What I want in Grand Rapids

I'd love to find a nice condo downtown, and just sit back at my computer screen watching the skyline, and the random birds that flies into my window. Be able to work doing anything and being able to actually afford to live in my condo would be nice :P

If this seems too boring, please feel free to meet me at a restaurant downtown and feel free to smack me across the back of my head :P Who knows I might stop sounding like a robot.

I'll go:

Age 25

Born and raised in Presque Isle County, MI

MSU Alumnus 2003

Current Wayne State Student, Masters of Urban Planning

Reside in Midtown Detroit and would like to stay...SO, if anyone would like to offer me a job...(I like Grand Rapids too) ;)

I'm just ready to get out of debt, begin a career, be done with school for a while! [/lets out gasp of air]

37 years old

Married, 2 daughters - both 3 years old

Used to live downtown - now live in East GR.

General Contractor/Real Estate Broker/Developer (in that order) going on our 17th year this Sept. Office located near downtown in a historic district.

Turned on to the site by Terra Firma who has passed on his addiction for downtown gossip to me

Tengo dos gatos y uno es el gato del infierno. No soy casada. Yo vivo centro de la ciudad y me gusta mucho.

Yo camino a la universidad de ley y cuando yo termine, yo quiero mudar a Savannah.

Perica

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lets translate this shall we?

I have two cats and one is an inside cat ( i think) i'm not casada (dont know what that means). I live in the center of town and i like it much. I attened the university when i...dunno. i want to murder savannah?

I'm guessing one year of spanish class isn't enough for me.

Archived