Welcome to UrbanPlanet - Metro Grand Rapids!

PBJ

I brought this thread to life again after a two month hiatus so we can get some updates :) I also renamed it to be a little more welcoming (hope that is OK PBJ).

Well at first I thought I started a thread in a drunken stooper and didn't remember :alc: .. but after clicking it, i remembered.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Male 27

Living in Heritage Hill

Bought condo at Union Square

Graduated from EGR and GVSU

Living with GF(from Detroit, but never wants to go back because she loves GR)

Urban liberal, agnostic, democrat, yuppie, easy going beer drinker, fun loving wine sipper...

I have something that a lot of people don't seem to have in this city, pride. I like GR. The thing that I most like is that WE right now have a great ability to change this city and mold it into what we desire. Great time to be living in this city.

I have pride in GR, why else would I be on the forums ;-)? I think you would be very suprise at how many people are really proud of GR, but it mostly translates into 'hood pride. Just look at the 'hood associations, that kind of dedication takes pride. GRCK, it really dosen't supprise me that your GF loves GR, so does mine, shes from Lansing-Charlotte, Mich, now in Chicago and likes GR. I guess I just know how to make her appreciate our traditions, history. I think she was awed.. I just hope that we can mold Grand Rapids as a place of centrism with a degree of sanity.

Male 27

Living in Heritage Hill

Bought condo at Union Square

Graduated from EGR and GVSU

Living with GF(from Detroit, but never wants to go back because she loves GR)

Urban liberal, agnostic, democrat, yuppie, easy going beer drinker, fun loving wine sipper...

I have something that a lot of people don't seem to have in this city, pride. I like GR. The thing that I most like is that WE right now have a great ability to change this city and mold it into what we desire. Great time to be living in this city.

I'll think you'll find a lot of people here who have a lot of pride in GR (I've even heard we're OVER-exuberant :P )

Jeff

I love this site! I love downtown gossip having worked for commercial RE firm previously . . . love to see what folks are doing to better (well usually for the better . . .) this city of ours . . .

- mid 30's (how did I get this old?)

work out in the boonies for one of the big 3

I am pretty sure I know who Terra Firma is :shades:

Happy Holidays to all !!!

I love this site! I love downtown gossip having worked for commercial RE firm previously . . . love to see what folks are doing to better (well usually for the better . . .) this city of ours . . .

- mid 30's (how did I get this old?)

work out in the boonies for one of the big 3

I am pretty sure I know who Terra Firma is :shades:

Happy Holidays to all !!!

Cool! Got any gossip to share? :whistling:

We pretty much all know who Terra Firma is :D

I often do not have the time to catch up on the daily posts, but read the threads at night occasionally. I work downtown for a developer and love the enthusiam you all show in this website. I will begin to post when I have time to catch up and get a grip on what is happening on this site.

best,

How do you post your photo (or A photo)? I went to "my profile" and tried to do it there but it said I did not have permission to do this . . . .thx

It's turned off, no one can do it (at least not in this forum) from what I've gathered.

You can add an avatar though...

How do you post your photo (or A photo)? I went to "my profile" and tried to do it there but it said I did not have permission to do this . . . .thx

If you'd like to add a photo to your avatar at least, you can click on 'My Controls' and select 'Edit Avatar Settings' under Personal Profile. Then you can choose one of the premade ones or upload your own from your computer.

If you'd like to add a photo to your avatar at least, you can click on 'My Controls' and select 'Edit Avatar Settings' under Personal Profile. Then you can choose one of the premade ones or upload your own from your computer.

Thanks!!! But what is an Avatar? I added one to my profile but am still curious as to the definition of Avatar? (I really am computer literate but sometimes feel in the dark ages! )

• 1 month later...

I'm so happy I discovered this board! We sure do love our city, don't we?

I've lived in GR all my life.

I was born at Saint Mary's hospital downtown. For high school I went Catholic Central and then on to GRCC (for a year). I currently live on the NE side.

Look out for some great new pictures of downtown and the surrounding areas (Heritage Hill, Eastown, EGR)! I've got my digital camera, and I hope to go out this weekend to take some shots. Hopefully I can post them here :)

I'm so happy I discovered this board! We sure do love our city, don't we?

I've lived in GR all my life.

I was born at Saint Mary's hospital downtown. For high school I went Catholic Central and then on to GRCC (for a year). I currently live on the NE side.

Look out for some great new pictures of downtown and the surrounding areas (Heritage Hill, Eastown, EGR)! I've got my digital camera, and I hope to go out this weekend to take some shots. Hopefully I can post them here :)

Welcome AMCFan1. American Movie Channel? I am a CC grad myself. There is also a WC grad on this board. Looking forward to your pictures.

Archived