Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beerbeer

Relocation Of Hartford's Gold Street Headed For Showdown

5 posts in this topic

What's interesting about this is that the condo owners don't have any evidence that the location of Gold Street will hurt their property values.  My guess is that the iQuilt improvements will increase their property values if they have any effect at all.

And there is this. The string attached to the federal transportation grant required that all the work be done by September, or the city could lose the grant. Wednesday, Deller said federal officials have extended that deadline to late November. So, the sstate stands to lose the fed money and local companies like Travelers have millions invested in the project already.  Hmmm.

http://www.ctnow.com/business/hc-gold-street-hartford-conn-relocation-20150122,0,4266804.story

Edited by beerbeer

I respect property rights and all that but I hate when people use them in stupid ways that stand in the way of progress.

as downtown property owners, the entire project as envisioned will absolutely make 1 gold street a more attractive address.  there is no denying it, so then why put so much positive momentum at rick over a perceived loss in value.

I mean lets put it this way... if you were gonna live in a city and then once there that was a chance that some cars might drive past your building... should you be surprised?

the city could be making the street wider and connecting it more directly with other roads... no, instead they are nmaking it more pedestrian friendly and beautifying it... sure its gonna be closer to the building, but its like like its a highway and its still 20 feet or so, whish in a city is quite far

This was Approved last night

Condo owners are pissed, but the church is happy

I guess they added 6 parking spaces and made the road one way on Sundays to placate the church...  ugh

Are the condo owners actually worried about property values? Do they actually think the iquilt efforts are going to make the neighborhood into a less desirable place to live? What drives property values anyways? 

Its all decided now anyways, so thats good.

I suppose I feel for the 8 or so people that might be negatively affected by this, but am pleased by the enhancement for the other million or so that benefit.

this spring and summer construction is going to be rampent on the intermodal triangle.