Jayvee

Crescent Stonewall Station

551 posts in this topic

Looks like Crescent is ready to rock and roll on their other site on Stonewall as this was filed today:

Crescent Uptown

• Detailed Scope of Work: Mixed-use development with ground floor retail, structured parking, mid-rise apartments, and high-rise apartments. Approximately 440 units and 47,000 sf of retail.

RDJ was pretty darn close! Love all that retail. And agree with what atlvr said below, wish there was hotel but you almost gotta figure there will be a phase 2.

^ I'd be lying if I didn't saw I was disappointed with the lack of hotel in the plans.  Maybe there is a phase 2 component.  It's such a big site.

Looks like Crescent is ready to rock and roll on their other site on Stonewall as this was filed today:

Crescent Uptown

• Detailed Scope of Work: Mixed-use development with ground floor retail, structured parking, mid-rise apartments, and high-rise apartments. Approximately 440 units and 47,000 sf of retail.

RDJ was pretty darn close! Love all that retail. And agree with what atlvr said below, wish there was hotel but you almost gotta figure there will be a phase 2.

It will be interesting to see the renderings if they say "mid and high rise" apartments for 440 units. I'm guessing a high rise tower with say ~300 units and then 140ish on top of the retail in a midrise? Perhaps wrapping the structured parking deck? Agreed with the sentiment that no hotel component is disappointing... However, perhaps that's phase 2 or Crescent may have other grand plans in uptown. 

Side note, looks like someone is having fun with Accela today...

Side note, looks like someone is having fun with Accela today...

Good ole Friday A.D.D. :whistling:

1 person likes this

Crescent Uptown

Link? Don't know how to access?

Link? Don't know how to access?

There's no other info out there besides that.

47k sq ft of retail sure sounds like there will be a grocer there.  Unless anyone knows otherwise, I still suspect this is Whole Foods.

1 person likes this

47k sq ft of retail sure sounds like there will be a grocer there.  Unless anyone knows otherwise, I still suspect this is Whole Foods.

Didn't RDF say a german grocer wanted the space?

Since I don't know anything about German grocers other than Aldi, I hope it is a Whole Foods.

Didn't RDF say a german grocer wanted the space?

Since I don't know anything about German grocers other than Aldi, I hope it is a Whole Foods.

I thought the German thing was for Tryon Place (and not Crescent Stonewall)

And like clockwork, here's an article in the Observer by our friend Ely on the development: http://cltdevelopment.blogspot.com/2015/02/apartment-plans-moving-forward-at.html

BTW - he did give a shoutout to UP detectives are here. Job well done again guys! :thumbsup:

The best part of that article was where it said Crescent confirmed the plan and said expect to see more information soon :)

It would be neat if Crescent moved forward with both projects at the same time.

The best part of that article was where it said Crescent confirmed the plan and said expect to see more information soon :)

It would be neat if Crescent moved forward with both projects at the same time.

They are stockpiling cash, I wouldn't be surprised.

Pretty cool that Ely gave UP a shoutout.

I almost wanted to say he should have linked to the board in the shoutout, but then we might end up with some of the Charlotte Observer commenters. :shudders:

1 person likes this

Pretty cool that Ely gave UP a shoutout.

I almost wanted to say he should have linked to the board in the shoutout, but then we might end up with some of the Charlotte Observer commenters. :shudders:

Agreed on both accounts haha we do not need them here.

Edited by Jayvee

Agreed on both accounts haha we do not need them here.

I can't imagine how terrible the lives of a few of those posters must be. Everything they post is negative, even when there is good news. 

There could be a news article about Charlotte being named the greatest city in the world, leading to 50 Fortune 500 HQ relocations leading to the highest average salaries in the world and 0% unemployment in Charlotte and they'd find something to complain about.

2 people like this

I can't imagine how terrible the lives of a few of those posters must be. Everything they post is negative, even when there is good news.

There could be a news article about Charlotte being named the greatest city in the world, leading to 50 Fortune 500 HQ relocations leading to the highest average salaries in the world and 0% unemployment in Charlotte and they'd find something to complain about.

They would say uptown is running out of parking lots and they need to build a Ballantyne clone near Carowinds

OMG. TRAFFIC WOULD BE AWFUL AND THEY WOULD JUST WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON MORE TRANSPORTATION BOONDOGGLES. 

1 person likes this

And like clockwork, here's an article in the Observer by our friend Ely on the development: http://cltdevelopment.blogspot.com/2015/02/apartment-plans-moving-forward-at.html

BTW - he did give a shoutout to UP detectives are here. Job well done again guys! :thumbsup:

Maybe it's time we started a Crescent at Stonewall thread

1 person likes this

I am so happy living in Charlotte since 1985. I moved from a city that was losing population and jobs.

Also it was nice to get back to my home state.

... and the media would still call us Charleston

Looks like Whole Foods has been confirmed by Charlotte Restaurant Traffic:  http://charlotterestauranttraffic.com/news/whole-foods-coming-uptown/#.VNn4efnF91A

Wow, this is going to be huge.  The connectivity between Southend and Midtown to Uptown just increased significantly.  I also think this will help to push development farther down Stonewall on the other empty plots owned by the city.  Woo hoo!

Edited by ah59396
1 person likes this

Wow... Game changer! I agree with ah59396, with the increased connectivity now it will push development further down Stonewall...I wouldn't be surprised to see those other empty plots scooped up rather quickly now.