Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

Silicon.... I have to agree with your timeline for the most part.  You could already feel a heartbeat in the 70's. I remember friends being transplanted from Denver in the early to mid 70's by McColl for the purpose of buying other banks.

Yes. Hugh McColl had a long range plan, even then.

The other key date-as I recall, oddly the same year, 1982-was the then-NCNB's first out-of-state acquisition, in Florida. 

I live in Raleigh and Charlotte is way nicer downtown than Raleigh. Those blank wall streets you refer to in charlotte...they are all over downtown Raleigh (blah government buildings). Sure, Fayetteville st is nice...but Tryon is much better. It is when you leave uptown Charlotte, and drive through NODA, Plaza Midwood, south end, you realize just how darn cool Charlotte is. Raleigh has NOTHING on Charlotte, NOTHING. I am from Eastern NC...lived in Charlotte back in the early 2000's. I really cannot understand what it is about Raleigh anyone would think is better than Charlotte. Wish I could move there but I have to stay near my parents so they can keep my litte one:)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I read that post and thought "what lot?".  This is all the land from Stonewall Station over to South Blvd, right?  So the only "lot" is the nightclub?  Anyway, I can walk over there and see if there are any signs or whatnot.

I was partially joking with my comment, but yea.. It's the land between the club on Stonewall to South. 

Well whaddaya know, that lot in front of the club is indeed a pay lot -- I had no idea.  No signs announcing any closure.  There were a few construction guys next to the lot just gearing up for the day --- obviously no idea what they were doing.  Also, 1) The Firechicken says "hi", 2) If you're a single hetero male you might want to start frequenting the Acai Truck (just sayin'), 3) The lot between Gantt and the church *really* wants to be developed, 4) College & Stonewall really *is* a dangerous ped xing, and 5) A lot of guys that get to work at 9am look like wannabe Ricky Davis Fans.

• Like 4

Well whaddaya know, that lot in front of the club is indeed a pay lot -- I had no idea.  No signs announcing any closure.  There were a few construction guys next to the lot just gearing up for the day --- obviously no idea what they were doing.  Also, 1) The Firechicken says "hi", 2) If you're a single hetero male you might want to start frequenting the Acai Truck (just sayin'), 3) The lot between Gantt and the church *really* wants to be developed, 4) College & Stonewall really *is* a dangerous ped xing, and 5) A lot of guys that get to work at 9am look like wannabe Ricky Davis Fans.

2) you ain't kiddin. Definitely no lie there. Both worker (there's one) and patrons 

And that's very curious they have no timeline to close the lot. You'd think now that they have permits they'd get started right away

Don't expect any imminent construction as Crescent still does not own the City property. They have paid the City of Charlotte over $350K (which is non-refundable and not applied to the purchase price) to delay the closing date on this property for the eighth time. The current closing date is November 13, 2015

They have made the following commitments to the City:

-400 Apartments and 40,000 sq ft of retail space by Nov 1, 2016

-150 hotel rooms and 15,000 square feet of retail space by November 1, 2017

-150 hotel rooms by November 1, 2019.

If the deadlines are not met they come with financial penalties. I really don't see them being able to get the 400 apartments and Whole Foods complete in a years time.

• Like 3

Very interesting dates. Thanks!! But yeah no way in hell they finish whole foods and 400 units in a year 

Amazing.  I have friends in Dubai I visit every year in October.  What they can do in a year (granted, it's with slave labor) amazes me.  Last October there was a hole in the ground next to the Dubai Mall.  Exactly a year later (last week), there's a nearly completed 70-story tower. If you have enough money, you can do anything.

• Like 3

Amazing.  I have friends in Dubai I visit every year in October.  What they can do in a year (granted, it's with slave labor) amazes me.  Last October there was a hole in the ground next to the Dubai Mall.  Exactly a year later (last week), there's a nearly completed 70-story tower. If you have enough money*, you can do anything.

*and no government oversight, although those caveats may be one in the same.

pretty sure this is the one that will be the Home 2 Suites

hotel.jpeg

Seems in line with their model. Honestly I'm hoping this is a positive, instead of a negative. I'm hoping this replaces the Cambia Suites. I would think it'd be a conflict of interest to have two Suites hotels next door to one another.

I live in Raleigh and Charlotte is way nicer downtown than Raleigh. Those blank wall streets you refer to in charlotte...they are all over downtown Raleigh (blah government buildings). Sure, Fayetteville st is nice...but Tryon is much better. It is when you leave uptown Charlotte, and drive through NODA, Plaza Midwood, south end, you realize just how darn cool Charlotte is. Raleigh has NOTHING on Charlotte, NOTHING. I am from Eastern NC...lived in Charlotte back in the early 2000's. I really cannot understand what it is about Raleigh anyone would think is better than Charlotte. Wish I could move there but I have to stay near my parents so they can keep my litte one:)

When you look at the total cities of Charlotte and Raleigh, Charlotte does have more than Raleigh's downtown, but both have nice areas out side of their center cities. Over all charlotte is ahead of Raleigh in transportation and sports entertainment, and business (GNP)

I lived in Raleigh for 12 years and liked it, but it is not at the same level as Charlotte.  I am not putting down Raleigh,, just looking at the facts.

You will not find any development in downtown Raleigh like Crescent stonewall development.

Edited by RiverwoodCLT

When you look at the total cities of Charlotte and Raleigh, Charlotte does have more than Raleigh's downtown, but both have nice areas out side of their center cities. Over all charlotte is ahead of Raleigh in transportation and sports entertainment, and business (GNP)

I lived in Raleigh for 12 years and liked it, but it is not at the same level as Charlotte.  I am not putting down Raleigh,, just looking at the facts.

You will not find any development in downtown Raleigh like Crescent stonewall development.

They have Drunk Town. :rolleyes:

• Like 1