Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

2 hours ago, archiham04 said:

Why does this building need vehicular access from stonewall? It seems to me that the Brevard extension would provide plenty of volume and stacking to accommodate.  If Stonewall is our best chance of a stroll district, these giant curb cuts will be a killer.

Curb cuts, I guess, are sometimes necessary.

But the more there are, the worse they are. See Park Road in and around Montford Drive. Good grief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stitch Jones said:

Any news out of the ground breaking ceremony today?

Not sure if from the ceremony, but Observer article about it lists $92 million in financing provided by JP Morgan and that Crescent paid $12 million for the land of the club/parking.  Add that to the $10 million they paid for the city land that is pretty sweet piece of change.

Holding full comment on the latest renderings, but will say kind of feeling a bit negative on the design.  The retail and tie in to the light rail just amazing though.

I like it--mostly. Withholding judgement until I see what the John Belk frontage looks like. Too many times we've been tricked by developer's front facade renderings, but when the product is completed, they have seriously ugly butts (hello, David Furman high-rise projects). 

Edited by Miesian Corners

Got a few updates:

RDF, the white design thingy covering up the deck is just a place holder for the renderings. Crescent is working with the Arts & Science Council on that detail and will be art of some kind, may even rotate design.

About the garage entrance on Stonewall without a light. It is just the entrance for the Whole Foods (no residents) and Crescent did traffic studies with the city....it will be no worse than any of the garage entrances anywhere in uptown without a designated turn lane. The sidewalks are wide enough and the building is set back enough that I personally don't see it being an issue at all. 

Oh and according to the approved plans, this is the 277 side

south elevation.png

Edited by Jayvee

15 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Got a few updates:

RDF, the white design thingy covering up the deck is just a place holder for the renderings. Crescent is working with the Arts & Science Council on that detail and will be art of some kind, may even rotate design.

About the garage entrance on Stonewall without a light. It is just the entrance for the Whole Foods (no residents) and Crescent did traffic studies with the city....it will be no worse than any of the garage entrances anywhere in uptown without a designated turn lane. The sidewalks are wide enough and the building is set back enough that I personally don't see it being an issue at all. 

Oh and according to the approved plans, this is the 277 side

south elevation.png

You got to be kidding me. that looks ugly. 

14 minutes ago, mpretori said:

You got to be kidding me. that looks ugly. 

You understand this is an elevation right? Notice the difference between this and the glossy renderings. I promise the final product won't be black an white lol 

it will be brick on the mid rise and glass in a high-rise just like on the front. Obviously the Panthers thing won't be there, I think it looks good

Edited by Jayvee

On 1/6/2016 at 1:52 PM, Jayvee said:

Not really. They're still shooting for 2017. There was also a Greek Orthodox blessing of the land. Lol this courtesy of the Melissaris family who owned the lot and club who seemingly played hardball with crescent for the sale of the land and were the cause of the delay. 

I had to laugh at that. Even after all the decades of boom and waves of new people, church is still huge here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silicon Dogwoods said:

I had to laugh at that. Even after all the decades of boom and waves of new people, church is still huge here.

I'm as liberal & progressive as the next gay, but I viewed it more exotic and cultural than say "oh hey y'all, we gone eat some grits and pray to the baby Jesus before we start now, ya here"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I'm as liberal & progressive as the next gay, but I viewed it more exotic and cultural than say "oh hey y'all, we gone eat some grits and pray to the baby Jesus before we start now, ya here"

Oh, no. Greek Orthodox folks have been in Charlotte for over 100 years, maybe longer.

This was pure Charlotte.

Being not the next gay but a gay man of a certain age, these religious things used to make me cringe. Post-Obergefell, I just chuckle quietly and smile indulgently.^_^

Edited by Silicon Dogwoods
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:02 PM, mpretori said:

okay. hope the sports teams wont be painted on the building. maybe parking decks but not apartments 

Please, no sports teams displayed anywhere. That really cheapens a structure. If they just be painted, get the ideas from inside the BankAmerica corporate office atrium.  That sort of painting is better in NoDa.

9 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Weak