Jayvee

Crescent Stonewall Station

On 3/11/2016 at 10:08 AM, grodney said:

Snapped this while up on 31 today.  Our friends at the NASCAR tower probably have a much better look than I do.

p.s. My pics are free for use on whatever blog/twitter/instagram y'all want.  Credit "a poster on urbanplanet" if you like.

My view and Chiquita are no more unfortunately.  

They are FLYING on this construction. I couldn't grab a pic because I was driving but wow. Can anyone up high snap one?

11 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Do we know what hotel brands will be included or will they even be in the first phase? 

1st phase no. Home2Suites is one, not sure of the other. Not confirmed yet.

• Like 1

Guest StuckInASuburb
44 minutes ago, mpretori said:

Anyone know the number of active cranes total in the city?

Ascent + 1

300 S. Tryon + 2

Skyhouse + 1

Mint Tower + 1

Crescent Stonewall + 1

Epicenter +1

Springhill Suites +1

615 S. College +1

So about 9, but if we are counting outside of Uptown I have no idea.

Edited by StuckInASuburb
thanks Synopsis101

Does anyone have a site plan of how Stonewall station will all look where the hotel will be etc? they did finally confirm the Home2Suites by Hilton as one of the hotels as reported on here months ago. I have seen drawings of how things will look but not how it will all fit together with parking building locations etc. Anyway this is one of the best projects for impact in uptown Charlotte with the Whole Foods of course and other retail. 615 South College and Portman are even using this to help lease their tower. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Does anyone have a site plan of how Stonewall station will all look where the hotel will be etc? they did finally confirm the Home2Suites by Hilton as one of the hotels as reported on here months ago. I have seen drawings of how things will look but not how it will all fit together with parking building locations etc. Anyway this is one of the best projects for impact in uptown Charlotte with the Whole Foods of course and other retail. 615 South College and Portman are even using this to help lease their tower. 

The bulk of everything will be geared towards stonewall. Brevard will extend into the bulk of the complex and bisect two hotels facing Caldwell/South BLVD. 

The station will integrate into a pretty sizable plaza, 10k sq feet plus. Rooftop patio for beer/wine from whole foods and a common area from the midrise portion of the apartments. 

Id share images but I'm out drinking, being antisocial.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I gotchu RDF. The future building sites represent the hotels. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

^ there isn't going to be retail by the grocery cafe, is there?

They just have it listed as that. That'll be the WF home store thing on the ground floor and the second floor of WF 

Edited by Jayvee

7 hours ago, Jayvee said:

I gotchu RDF. The future building sites represent the hotels. 

image.jpeg

Thanks! that is what I was looking for to see how it all comes together and the hotel sites are sort of separate I see.  Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RiverwoodCLT said:

Heede Southeast says that Stonewall station will need 3 cranes at full construction.

Yup and the first is going up approximately the weekend of 4/20

Does anyone know how Stonewall Station will integrate with the Crescent and the Westin?  Specifically, will the structure that is being built atop that parking deck allow for pedestrian traffic to the next block that is about to be developed?  It'd be nice to have the ability to cut-through that area versus having to take the sidewalks [think game day traffic].  Also, it'd be nice even more so if there wasn't just a big long slab of parking deck on s. college across from the Westin.

4 hours ago, HopHead said:

Guess we should count on our friend Ely for some regular construction updates here.. 

I recognize that POV :tw_bawling: 

Hopefully with my new gig I'll be in some of the new projects though.