Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

10 minutes ago, HopHead said:

A third tower crane is going in at Crescent Stonewall (near sidewalk on Stonewall by tracks). This site seems bigger by the day.

CmM92PhXEAE5P7Y.jpg

(Photo courtesy of Ely)

ITs going to look even bigger when they get the lower floor of parking poured and covered. Soon as that occurs, way more of the site will be seeing action. See the diagram I put together. Orange is the Retail Spaces.

CkC02dNUUAA3cKX.jpg-large.jpeg

9 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

Will the retail really jut out that far?  Seems like for such a populated area, the sidewalk would be larger?  Or is that just a loose diagram?

I've accounted for a 25 foot sidewalk. 

40 minutes ago, Prodev said:

It definitely won't be that wide. The black retaining wall is where the shop space starts and ends. 

I studied and overlaid the floors. This is what it was based off of. And I just realized you are right. There is a parking deck entrance I failed to account. LOL

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 1.59.36 PM.png

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An amazing project for the city, game changed to have a complete grocer. However, I'm sad with the city not pushing to implement some kind of plan to address the fact that Stonewall as currently constructed isn't walker friendly, with fat lanes and too fast of speeds for a pedestrian street. Clearly, a walking district is beginning to emerge and we need a plan to make this an walking district. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimmyT68 said:

An amazing project for the city, game changed to have a complete grocer. However, I'm sad with the city not pushing to implement some kind of plan to address the fact that Stonewall as currently constructed isn't walker friendly, with fat lanes and too fast of speeds for a pedestrian street. Clearly, a walking district is beginning to emerge and we need a plan to make this an walking district. 

In the 2020 Plan There is a plan on the books to do just that. 

17 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Well that's a huge relief. I though stonewall wasn't going to change much. Can you share some details? Apologies if it's be shared already on a previous page somewhere.

http://www.charlottefive.com/development-along-stonewall-is-great-and-all-but-what-about-the-pedestrians/

I wrote about the needs here. Note, it was greatly edited down by C5 Staff (eye roll). 

There is a link in the article to the 2020 plan, download it and search for the word "STONEWALL" and you can find it. I'd search but I'm swamped at work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any way someone could grab a picture from the Light Rail soon? There is a lot going on the 277 frontage of this site that cannot be seen from Ely's tweets. The backside should be ready for some lumber to start going up. 

4 minutes ago, grodney said:

I just walked over and snapped a few from the station platform, but can't see the 277 side.  Will try to remember to take some on the way home today.

20160920_090720_zps8kkfq8ym.jpg

20160920_090726_zpssfvnlv02.jpg

20160920_090815_zps2nltcjsu.jpg

20160920_090829_zpsf1kk7xw5.jpg

thanks!!! great to see the back part of the deck, the triangular section where they aren't building anymore deck should start to see wood framing soon, hopefully. 

21 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Any way someone could grab a picture from the Light Rail soon? There is a lot going on the 277 frontage of this site that cannot be seen from Ely's tweets. The backside should be ready for some lumber to start going up. 

I know you're looking for a picture, but I can at least say that driving by the 277 side on Sunday before the game there is significant progress on that side. Somehow that doesn't show up so well on the pics from the Observer (Mr. Portillo).