Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

1 minute ago, grodney said:

I like how this thing peeks out from so many different angles.

cs_zpsoamnzldd.jpg

Its amazing how tall this building looks from nearby, but then when seen in the context of the rest of uptown... its tiny. I think Charlotte gets a bad rap for not being dense, but in reality the sheer height of the tallest buildings downplays the shorter ones quite a bit. No cities our size boast as many towers over 200M. 

On 3/10/2017 at 10:18 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Its amazing how tall this building looks from nearby, but then when seen in the context of the rest of uptown... its tiny. I think Charlotte gets a bad rap for not being dense, but in reality the sheer height of the tallest buildings downplays the shorter ones quite a bit. No cities our size boast as many towers over 200M. 

200 meters = 656.16798 feet.  Charlotte has 3 completed office towers with a height greater than 200 meters: (1) Bank of America Corporate Center, 871 ft / 265 m, 60 floors; (2) Duke Energy Center, 786 ft / 240 m, 54 floors; and (3) Hearst Tower, 659 ft / 201 m, 47 floors.  Charlotte has 46 other completed high-rise buildings that stand at least 200 feet tall (61 m).  Eight of the ten tallest buildings in North Caroilna are located in Charlotte.  

Buildings that are under construction and planned to rise at least 200 feet (61 m) include: (1) Crescent Communities Tryon Place, N/A ft /m, 21 floors; (2) Lincoln Harris's Old Observer Parcel 1st phase, 588 ft / 179 m, 30 floors; (3) Northwood Ravin's 550 Stonewall, 250 ft / 79 m, 20 floors; (4) Crescent Stonewall Station, 230 ft / 70 m, 22 floors; and (5) Lennar Development in First Ward, 500 ft / 152 m, 30 floors. 

Buildings that have been announced and are planned to rise at least 200 feet (61 m) include: (1) BK Partners Brooklyn Village Office Tower, 400 ft / 122 m, 24 floors; (2) Design Center Apartment Tower, 265 ft / 81 m, 25 floors; (3) Carolina Theater, 275 ft / 84 m, 20 floors (Foundation for the Carolinas must begin renovations by end of 2018); and (4) Jonas Courthouse Annex, 200 ft / 67 m, 10 floors.

See  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Charlotte,_North_Carolina

http://www.charlottefive.com/charlotte-deserves-better-than-the-planned-office-tower-at-the-former-observer-site/

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article116668438.html

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/9499/tryon-place-uptown-charlottes-most-transformative-project/

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2015/10/plans-submitted-for-redevelopment-of-historic.html

Edited by QCxpat
  • Like 3

It is so disappointing that the Carolina theater property was sold to the Foundation of the Carolinas for nothing. The renovation date has been set back from 2017 I believe. This property is in a wonderful location and it is disappointing that every so often, a new rendering is submitted of what will happen. I am sure that they have no idea and plan on selling the property as time goes by and we have to wait even longer. I don't believe that money is an issue with the foundation.

20 hours ago, caterpillar2 said:

It is so disappointing that the Carolina theater property was sold to the Foundation of the Carolinas for nothing. The renovation date has been set back from 2017 I believe. This property is in a wonderful location and it is disappointing that every so often, a new rendering is submitted of what will happen. I am sure that they have no idea and plan on selling the property as time goes by and we have to wait even longer. I don't believe that money is an issue with the foundation.

OR it could just be that good folks across both aisles decided this as something worth attempting but were wise enough to put a hard tether on the deal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, KJHburg said:

From all angles Stonewall Station today. This is the biggest stick built complex this close to the center city ever. I want it done and with fully functional sprinklers quick. Love its presence and what this will do to Stonewall St and the greater uptown area.  Dozen photos from all angles but 277. In the 7th and 8th photos you can see where the main entrance to the Whole Foods will be. 

God bless you and thanks for the remarkable and uplifting photos.  

Edited by QCxpat
  • Like 1