Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

What's going on across the Freeway from Stonewall, along South Blvd (see third photo above...)

Townhouses 25ish of them. Can't remember the exact amount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

This is from a week or so ago, but I was driving through Uptown at night, and I was struck by how different this corridor will look once Stonewall Station is lit up.  615 S College already looks great lit up at night with DEC as a backdrop, and from this angle just imagine a tower (hopefully within a decade) just to the right of the DEC and to the left of The Green.  Until then, and even though it is mostly apartments, a lit of Stonewall Station is going to look pretty great through here at night.

DEC-CSS.thumb.jpg.986772d041450fd1f320777f48cff0fb.jpg

• Like 3

This is from a week or so ago, but I was driving through Uptown at night, and I was struck by how different this corridor will look once Stonewall Station is lit up.  615 S College already looks great lit up at night with DEC as a backdrop, and from this angle just imagine a tower (hopefully within a decade) just to the right of the DEC and to the left of The Green.  Until then, and even though it is mostly apartments, a lit of Stonewall Station is going to look pretty great through here at night.

DEC-CSS.thumb.jpg.986772d041450fd1f320777f48cff0fb.jpg

There is going to be some added pop to the apartments, lighting up the art masking the parking deck, so that will add some more interest to the building. I'm just excited for one side of the street to be vibrant

When are the other hotel(s) suppose to start on this site? 

I'm assuming once they stop staging on their site. There will be a new crane installed at Stonewall and Caldwell per the twittermobile.

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm assuming once they stop staging on their site. There will be a new crane installed at Stonewall and Caldwell per the twittermobile.

Awesome, I'm assuming this will mask some of that parking deck facing South Blvd? 

28 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

The crane closest to Caldwell is coming down as of yesterday/this morning.

A New Crane should be erected for the Ugly AF, but full of retail Home2Suites around September.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

A New Crane should be erected for the Ugly AF, but full of retail Home2Suites around September.

and there is room for one more hotel correct? any word on that one? and dont worry I saw a bland Home2Suites in downtown Nashville too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

and there is room for one more hotel correct? any word on that one? and dont worry I saw a bland Home2Suites in downtown Nashville too. 

Correct, and no word. They've had a couple flags come and go. They are marketing the land to be purchased and developed, so they do not control the look. I've never understood why flags from different companies would land next door to one another but it happened at Epicentre, so I guess its not that weird.

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Correct, and no word. They've had a couple flags come and go. They are marketing the land to be purchased and developed, so they do not control the look. I've never understood why flags from different companies would land next door to one another but it happened at Epicentre, so I guess its not that weird.

They'll all be owned by Marriott soon enough anyway

2 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

They'll all be owned by Marriott soon enough anyway

Marriott took over Starwood on Sept 23, 2016 so Marriott already has taken over. They just aren't very far along in integrating things like reservation systems, websites, policies, etc...

10 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Marriott took over Starwood on Sept 23, 2016 so Marriott already has taken over. They just aren't very far along in integrating things like reservation systems, websites, policies, etc...

oh lol. Guess all the flags at Epicentre are under Marriott then. 

14 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

oh lol. Guess all the flags at Epicentre are under Marriott then. 

The hotel industry is fairly consolidated now. In most places in the USA you can assume a chain hotel is owned by either Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, Intercontinental, Choice Hotels, or Best Western at this point. However due to franchising and unconsolidated ownership, hotels within a brand group even compete against each other for customers. 

Edited by CLT2014