Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

Such an underwhelming flag for such an upscale development. Would like to see a JW or a W in Charlotte considering Indianapolis and Austin both have one or the other and are smaller metros than Charlotte.

Loews had Charlotte as a target destination a few years ago as well.

Edited by TheOneRJ

What an underwhelming building... I feel like you could drive down to Concord Mills and see five hotels nearly identical to this. It just doesn't scream "Uptown" to me. I know I'm probably asking for too much for a spot that will be tucked away in a sea of mid-rises, but I feel like the one interesting part of this tower (the skinny, crowned portion,) should have gone on the corner of the lot instead. It looses its visual impact being jammed up against the rest of this project.

• Like 2

The ground level looks great. I like the design on the ground. 

The top portion will look great amongst its neighbors. Stonewall will be a very diverse mix of buildings from BoA Stadium to Presley on both sides of Stonewall.

Its a shame the Aquatic Center, after renovations isn't very street friendly. Same with metro school. Maybe they can rail trail it up and put some murals or interactive things in these portions. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2

The Home2Suites building actually looks better than I thought (the bar was pretty low). It provides continuous connectivity with the Crescent Whole Foods/Apartment tower. This whole stretch of Stonewall will be way different in 2 years. I can't complain too much. Wait for a JW or W type hotel at Lincoln Harris, or maybe Tryon Place since that appears to be back on track.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

FYI Deck Screening is going up in November/December. Was told I won't be able to get a visual, just have to wait until its up :-(. No hints, no nothing :-(

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Crescent Stonewall Station today from a couple of angles. It makes a big impact coming up South Blvd by 277. 

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

I see some primer up. Will be interesting to see if they paint this beige and earth tones, or white. Personally I was hoping for glossy white, was disappointed to see updated renderings with the usual crap.

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I see some primer up. Will be interesting to see if they paint this beige and earth tones, or white. Personally I was hoping for glossy white, was disappointed to see updated renderings with the usual crap.

The longer I stare at that yellow, the more I wish to was yellow.

I guess I'm just saucy like that.

• Like 1

Is that primer or paint to the right? I like the grey tones more than beige personally, and to me it looks like they went with grey tones. Does anyone know if this building is supposed to have any lighting schemes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Second hotel (and hopefully parking deck shield) has been announced. No flag yet but its described as "upscale, select-service hotel focused on 'wellness-minded' travelers." whatever that means. 10 stories, 181 rooms.

The CBJ divines that the hotel will be an Even Hotel which is an IHG brand.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/08/31/second-hotel-site-at-crescent-stonewall-station.html?ana=e_clt_bn&u=jDmEk%2BCKbYnAvaVfOFOlFGXcGSC&t=1504191779&j=78767531

Edited by kermit
  • Like 4