Jayvee

Crescent Stonewall Station

Such an underwhelming flag for such an upscale development. Would like to see a JW or a W in Charlotte considering Indianapolis and Austin both have one or the other and are smaller metros than Charlotte.

Loews had Charlotte as a target destination a few years ago as well.

Edited by TheOneRJ

I think you will see a more upscale hotel in Lincoln Harris's project and/or Tryon Place. High end hotels need business travelers and that is where the office space is. As much as Stonewall Station is a great project it is all residential and retail. 

What an underwhelming building... I feel like you could drive down to Concord Mills and see five hotels nearly identical to this. It just doesn't scream "Uptown" to me. I know I'm probably asking for too much for a spot that will be tucked away in a sea of mid-rises, but I feel like the one interesting part of this tower (the skinny, crowned portion,) should have gone on the corner of the lot instead. It looses its visual impact being jammed up against the rest of this project.

• Like 2

The ground level looks great. I like the design on the ground. 

The top portion will look great amongst its neighbors. Stonewall will be a very diverse mix of buildings from BoA Stadium to Presley on both sides of Stonewall.

Its a shame the Aquatic Center, after renovations isn't very street friendly. Same with metro school. Maybe they can rail trail it up and put some murals or interactive things in these portions. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2

The Home2Suites building actually looks better than I thought (the bar was pretty low). It provides continuous connectivity with the Crescent Whole Foods/Apartment tower. This whole stretch of Stonewall will be way different in 2 years. I can't complain too much. Wait for a JW or W type hotel at Lincoln Harris, or maybe Tryon Place since that appears to be back on track.

• Like 4

I feel as if hotels always get pushed to a "later phase" and never see reality. However, Stonewall Station should easily be able to support an upscale flag considering it's location directly across the convention center and beside the Westin.

FYI Deck Screening is going up in November/December. Was told I won't be able to get a visual, just have to wait until its up :-(. No hints, no nothing :-(

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
  • Like 3

I am sure there is a dog park, maybe sound outside exercise equipment something like that since the pool is atop that parking deck. 

I wish there were a view the other way. That is, from the top floor southward down South Boulevard. And also westward towards Crowders Mountain and west

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Crescent Stonewall Station today from a couple of angles. It makes a big impact coming up South Blvd by 277. 

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

I see some primer up. Will be interesting to see if they paint this beige and earth tones, or white. Personally I was hoping for glossy white, was disappointed to see updated renderings with the usual crap.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I see some primer up. Will be interesting to see if they paint this beige and earth tones, or white. Personally I was hoping for glossy white, was disappointed to see updated renderings with the usual crap.

The longer I stare at that yellow, the more I wish to was yellow.

I guess I'm just saucy like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

The longer I stare at that yellow, the more I wish to was yellow.

I guess I'm just saucy like that.

I've been thinking the same thing.  Whenever I see building under construction in Uptown, I'm usually like... can we keep it that yellow... or that neon green?  

• Like 2