Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

27 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

All the development on Stonewall street and I have seen no one associated with this pile of investment money make any complaint

and I am sure they won't, unless the public makes it an issue. If the public does decide to notice then ambivalence about the name in the community (e.g. "I don't care") is certainly not going to help to save it.  I can't think of any businesses building on Stonewall street that would welcome the negative attention.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if a halfassed twitter campaign to Crescent and Wholefoods was all that was necessary to  tip the scales.

Edited by kermit

2 hours ago, tozmervo said:

I propose that it be renamed for the Stonewall Riots, then everybody gets what they want!

Yes . 

To agree with the local 'pubs on here... I too am very much against renaming Stonewall. Stonewall sounds fancy to me and it's such an iconic sounding name. And it's  not something cheesy like Fashion Lane at Charlotte Premium or Market street in 1st ward or Levine Arts St.

If it gets changed. It would have to be changed to Kenilworth.  Or be completely Charlotte and name it Charlottetowne Rd. West. Maybe Cherry. 

• Like 1

street level views of Stonewall Station today. 
IMG_0615.thumb.JPG.d445d35c04d630a9976e1b4c87fa55ba.JPG
IMG_0616.thumb.JPG.90472b7cfce63c6bc61786c3dd19c7bc.JPG
IMG_0617.thumb.JPG.ddf50aaeb15f2475a1650d4989b07609.JPG

Truly shaping up to be one of the ugliest buildings in charlotte. The bottom 6 or so floors at least. We will see about the tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/7/2017 at 7:32 PM, eastsider said:

^ that was debated several years back, the city decided to change the name of 2nd street to MLK instead.

Hopefully, we will eventually change it to 2nd Street since we are getting rid of  historic figures that are questionable.  It would only be fair.  Why don't we change it to Crescent Street?

19 hours ago, caterpillar2 said:

Hopefully, we will eventually change it to 2nd Street since we are getting rid of  historic figures that are questionable.  It would only be fair.  Why don't we change it to Crescent Street?

You were warned and temporarily suspended for promoting hate in another thread. While this isn't promoting hate, we all see your true colors. Please keep political and racial jabs out of the conversation. This type of behavior is absolutely unwelcome here.

3 hours ago, Neo said:

You were warned and temporarily suspended for promoting hate in another thread. While this isn't promoting hate, we all see your true colors. Please keep political and racial jabs out of the conversation. This type of behavior is absolutely unwelcome here.

Thank you

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Stonewall Station today.  Does anyone know how the 2nd hotel the Even Hotel will face? Will it be facing S Blvd Caldwell as I know the Home2Suites will face Stonewall? 

It'll face 277/ Caldwell.

• 2 weeks later...

Today.  Stonewall side of building looks much sharper than 277 side, but I still have faith the whole project will look sharp once it is built out.  I am curious to see the mural.  Could make the project much better.  Of course, in a competition with the Ascent, Crescent doesn't have to try very hard to pull off something more enticing.

Crescent.jpg.157cc8b6b16076a667a7dc16ce6b36f7.jpg59c6c184619d6_Crescent3.jpg.7923191a7219b949cafdcfe2474283c5.jpg

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 4

Today.  Stonewall side of building looks much sharper than 277 side, but I still have faith the whole project will look sharp once it is built out.  I am curious to see the mural.  Could make the project much better.  Of course, in a competition with the Ascent, Crescent doesn't have to try very hard to pull off something more enticing.

Crescent.jpg.157cc8b6b16076a667a7dc16ce6b36f7.jpg59c6c184619d6_Crescent3.jpg.7923191a7219b949cafdcfe2474283c5.jpg

I spoke to ASC a while back, and the representative said the screening was being "fabricated" and would be up between Nov-Dec. the use of the word "fabricated" suggests it'll be more than just a mural. The said the artist was French, and midwestern based. Quick research didn't come up with much leads to who the artist was. They would not disclose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Couple photos from this morning. I think the glass boxes atop the plaza by the station above Whole Foods will be a coffee shop or quick food area apart of WF store.  This project is going to really energize an area of Uptown that doesnt have much life unless something is going on at the convention center. 

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

Cannot wait for this block to open to public!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elrodvt said:

Scribe, I thought there was supposed to be a pub on top of whole foods and assumed the glass boxes and open space were that?

I cant remember if it is was a pub or coffee shop area they do both of course but one of those glass boxes I think the larger one is that WF operation. 

• Like 1