Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

I cant remember if it is was a pub or coffee shop area they do both of course but one of those glass boxes I think the larger one is that WF operation. 

Cafe and coffee shop. I'd imagine wine and beer on tap wouldn't be out of the question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Make sense to do some coffee and beer/wine there as coffee for the inbound uptown commuters in the morning and a glass of wine or beer on the way out of work.  I know they plan chairs and tables too. It is going to be fantastic and best station uptown (from one of the worst now) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Make sense to do some coffee and beer/wine there as coffee for the inbound uptown commuters in the morning and a glass of wine or beer on the way out of work.  I know they plan chairs and tables too.

Plus, it jives with WH other locations where the have an outdoor patio that you can take your drinks/food to.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2017 at 1:11 PM, KJHburg said:

Photos I took today and what  happened to the sunshine?  The glass enclosed staircase up platform level is coming in view. 

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

Is this the side that will be covered by Home2Suites?  Has that started construction yet?  I'm really hoping this 8-9 stories of nothing wall and parking garage is not that visible when complete.  Yikes.

The resubmitted plans for the Home2Suites we're approved.  Confirmed that it will be 10 floors, and actually quite tall at that. 138' to the top of the roof.... while the architecture is generic, this will have lots of retail.....two stalls fronting Stonewall, and the hotel restaurant at the corner of Stonewall and Caldwell.

• Like 4

Is this the side that will be covered by Home2Suites?  Has that started construction yet?  I'm really hoping this 8-9 stories of nothing wall and parking garage is not that visible when complete.  Yikes.

There will be 2.5 million dollars worth of artwork on the blank walls.

Also Home2Suites is about 1.5 floors taller. Hotel 2 who's name escapes me right now will be slightly taller than Home2Suites. So yea. That wall is inconsequential but it will be covered.

24 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

EVEN Hotel.  $2.5 million of artwork?!  Seems like a lot.  Hopefully it is enticing.

Might be even more honestly. $2.5M was just the grant from ASC, Crescent might be pitching in an additional amount. Its not so much a mural, from what I understand but more of an "architectural installation"

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Might be even more honestly. $2.5M was just the grant from ASC, Crescent might be pitching in an additional amount. Its not so much a mural, from what I understand but more of an "architectural installation"

I like the idea of an architectural element as opposed to just a canvassing mural.  Should add some three dimensional depth to such a tall blank wall.

What is the timetable on EVEN?  It looks like they closed on the land back at the end of August.  Could we expect construction to start by end of Q4?

4 minutes ago, queensguy06 said:

I like the idea of an architectural element as opposed to just a canvassing mural.  Should add some three dimensional depth to such a tall blank wall.

What is the timetable on EVEN?  It looks like they closed on the land back at the end of August.  Could we expect construction to start by end of Q4?

Wouldn't doubt it if it gets hung up in Planning and Permitting for a little bit. It'll be Charlotte's first 100% prefabricated building. With that said it should grow pretty quickly.

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

I really like it, The apartments and Main Building look like two separate buildings from this POV. The Apartment Building is HUGE and renters will have a lovely view of traffic. 

If the noise does not bother you and/or they used quality windows, overlooking traffic can be desirable as it really means privacy.    This is coming from someone who had a condo with floor to ceiling windows that looked directly at another condo 70 feet across the street with floor to ceiling windows for 10 years.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadi40 said:

I like the enclosed stairway to the Station. It reminds me of a Elevated train platforms but more modern. Does anyone know where the Staircase goes? Does it go into the Whole Foods?

It access to the Transit Plaza and the Light Rail.