Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

11 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Noticed the EVEN Hotel now has a project in Acella. Looks like it will be 10 stories. I️ thought this was going to be taller than the Home2Suites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 floors is fine with me, and sadly that is taller than Home2

• 2 weeks later...
^^^ dont worry we should have some college flags flying from various balconies like at every other intown uptown apartment complex. 

Oh that’s right first year finance people rent these things. Oh vey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Oh that’s right first year finance people rent these things. Oh vey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're a true New Yorker!   I only hear the phrase "Oy vey" in New York, South (east) Florida, and in Mel Brooks films.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 2

On 11/30/2017 at 10:32 PM, KJHburg said:

^^^ dont worry we should have some college flags flying from various balconies like at every other intown uptown apartment complex. 

Don't be so sure, I live in one of these uptown communities and about 6 months ago they sent out a Memo asking everyone to remove their flags from the exterior to "preserve the beauty of our community." If we didn't we would be fined.

13 hours ago, Squid7085 said:

Don't be so sure, I live in one of these uptown communities and about 6 months ago they sent out a Memo asking everyone to remove their flags from the exterior to "preserve the beauty of our community." If we didn't we would be fined.

In property management, office staff always have regional or visiting executive managers who fear that any form of unique decor from balconies will harm the appeal to both renters and current/prospective lenders. Whether it's flags, xmas lights, or bug nets in the summer.

I call hogwash, but I'm not the one in charge.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

U g h. The main building I actually like, The apartments along the freeway weren’t needed, Yes it will add some apartments but gosh do they look bad.

To monetize the site they were definitely needed. I would have liked to see this organized in a way that a superblock was avoided. 4 separate high rises with a central green area.

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

To monetize the site they were definitely needed. I would have liked to see this organized in a way that a superblock was avoided. 4 separate high rises with a central green area.

I supposed you are correct. I just hate the architecture use in it, And this is coming from someone who tends to like South End apartments, However the colors and the materials used are terrible not to mention they are on the verge of a busy freeway. 

1 hour ago, Cadi40 said:

I supposed you are correct. I just hate the architecture use in it, And this is coming from someone who tends to like South End apartments, However the colors and the materials used are terrible not to mention they are on the verge of a busy freeway. 

Gotta build something on the freeway. :-)

It would look so much better with just a little color on it. I used my expert photoshop skills to show what I mean:
imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b8437016bd7e1682fa223a18dd766d73456a771c5d6b5655c4c460stonewall.JPG.aba2dead2ff7a61f046d0227c2a7add0.JPG

It would look better if there were varying elevations and rooflines. If it wasn’t just one blob of windows and balconies it’d be so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk