Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

11 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

This is why I like the Stonewall Station the retail on the street front. does anyone know about the other retail spaces possible tenants?  Today.  Crane is rising for the Home 2 Suites Hotel 

IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3925.JPG

IMG_3926.JPG

grumble, fine. one side is ok.

13 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I mean. I'm okay with the skinny torso on top, but that big ole fat ass, it just kills me

Totally get it.  At least this side should be mostly hidden by two 10 story hotels.  I am very interested to see how the art installation affects the aesthetic from the other 3 viewpoints.

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 1

Yknow I was just thinking today, this project would be considered a pretty solid New Urbanist development. The rub being that these days all "New Urbanist"/ "Congress of New Urbanism" people acknowledge that the early wave of innovative NU projects were pretty dang suburban in nature and only had true urban value in the one strip of frontage that gave a walkable form/aesthetic. So, this project is only a decade or two behind its time.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Yknow I was just thinking today, this project would be considered a pretty solid New Urbanist development. The rub being that these days all "New Urbanist"/ "Congress of New Urbanism" people acknowledge that the early wave of innovative NU projects were pretty dang suburban in nature and only had true urban value in the one strip of frontage that gave a walkable form/aesthetic. So, this project is only a decade or two behind its time.

I just don't think this complex will be viable in 10-15 years. I think we are under building our blocks. This plot is big enough for 1,100 units and hotels vs. 550 and hotels.

This isn’t using the plot to its full potential. I think if they added more glass and wood as well as maybe adding a glass elevator shaft facing the freeway. If they added more retail and just combined the two hotels as well as made it taller it would be quite a wonderful development. They could’ve easily spent around the same amount of money if instead of building outward they added a few floors upward. 

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I just don't think this complex will be viable in 10-15 years. I think we are under building our blocks. This plot is big enough for 1,100 units and hotels vs. 550 and hotels.

I agree with this. I think what will happen is that transit will get more built out and the "thin wrapper around a parking deck" developments will be a lot less desirable.

12 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The nice thing about wood framed development is, they can be torn down easily and something new can be built.

• Like 3

The nice thing about wood framed development is, they can be torn down easily and something new can be built.

The vast majority of the sq footage of this building is a concrete fortress...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I know the rendering was previously posted, but here is some signage for the H2S.  Will help fill out the corner and hide the parking garage.
H2S.thumb.jpg.d0d0a1541931bea02bd768dd4eeee925.jpg

That’s actually an updated rendering that’s unposted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, cltcane said:

Looks like the Embassy Suites’ ugly stepsister.  I think I would rather look at the parking deck.  Why do we let crap like this get built?

On a happier note, Merry Christmas, y’all!

I think it looks good other than the actual branding of the hotel. The base especially looks good. 

• Like 2