Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

31 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^ We are going to have to form our own subgroup and like Legacy too just hate that name.  But I really like the BOAT building going up. 

:) I like Crescent Stonewall because it helps to bridge the gap that 277 created. I like BOAT because I've always wanted to see a tower with a pyramid roof in Charlotte's skyline.  I also can't wait to see it lit up during a Panther's broadcast.

• Like 4

On 12/27/2017 at 9:17 AM, asthasr said:

Yeah, let me clarify my position. :) I like that this development is happening. I like that it has a major retail component. I like its relation to the light rail. There are many positive aspects to it. What I do not like is simply the way the apartment portion is so huge, so homogeneous, and so imposing. I would still say it's a good project overall, but aesthetically speaking it isn't to my taste. I'd rather see smaller, taller buildings or, if this size is the most economical, less "superblock" style development. My wife calls this the "Great Wall of Charlotte" driving by it on 277.

I was just listening to a course on urban life in ancient cities and in the lecture on ancient Rome the lecturer mentioned they had apartment buildings called "insulae" that took up an entire city block (I think there would have been a courtyard in the middle). When he mentioned that I immediately thought of some of Charlotte's recent projects. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

I kinda wish that the  2 story brick portion of the building facing 277 would face Caldwell Street instead.  

I felt the same way. As ugly as these buildings are however, it should have one of the best pedestrian scale frontages. The brick buildings are great, unfortunately its the ugly towers that will be viewable from a mile away.