Jayvee

Crescent Stonewall Station

I kinda wish that the  2 story brick portion of the building facing 277 would face Caldwell Street instead.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

I kinda wish that the  2 story brick portion of the building facing 277 would face Caldwell Street instead.  

I felt the same way. As ugly as these buildings are however, it should have one of the best pedestrian scale frontages. The brick buildings are great, unfortunately its the ugly towers that will be viewable from a mile away.

• Like 4

On 12/26/2017 at 5:34 PM, AirNostrumMAD said:

I must be the only who likes this project a lot. I think it’s a nice looking project. 

I think it's pretty good.  Hopefully, the WF will have $2 drafts on Thursdays.

So is it official the other retail is Whole Body? That’s what the sign is next to Whole Foods in that image.

EDIT: Correction there is no such this as Whole Body retailer. It is jay what they calm their soaps, supplements, makeup department.

14 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nah. I think Whole Body is being better integrated into Whole Foods going forward. I think all the retail outside of Whole Foods is leasable. This includes the Rooftop cafe along the light rail, which will no longer be utilized by Whole Foods (big mistake in my opinion, with low visibility this is going to have a difficult time staying in business unless the best product ever goes into it)

Well that stinks.

15 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

Well that stinks.

Hey I've been wrong before. I'm not clear on how you will enter and exit Novel Stonewall, So Maybe it can survive on Commuters and Residents alone. Theres some cool things in the works for the other 30k of additional retail space on the block though in the former Whole Body space, plus the Home2Suites and Even Hotel Spaces.

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
  • Like 1

It has turned out so badly. I like the Whole Foods and infill, but Crescent absolutely failed on execution. This looks bad now and will only look worse as time goes on. 

• Like 3

It has turned out so badly. I like the Whole Foods and infill, but Crescent absolutely failed on execution. This looks bad now and will only look worse as time goes on. 

I giant turd that will never be covered unless a cap is built over 277. Some architect out there should be ashamed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Meanwhile, I love it and I want to purchase a unit here. And I like the way it looks from 277. The low rise portion IMO looks pleasing to me. The entire project minus the deck that will be covered looks great. 

• Like 3

Their amenity deck from what I have seen is awesome.   (and remember if are in this complex you won't see it just like the famous guy in Paris who hated the Eiffel Tower so he ate at the base everyday so he couldn't see it )  https://www.charlotteagenda.com/114953/novel-stonewall-station-charlotte-nc-apartments/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

Looks like it was yanked out of Yakutsk and dropped in uptown.  It’s like they tried to make this thing hideous...

• Like 2

It sucks but I don't think it's hideous even in the slightest. It's bland. It has great retail and is a major catalyst for this area of the city. 

There are many ways this building could have been "ugly," but it's not. It's just boring and uninspired. I don't think the design aspect deserves this much hate. They could have easily done better but at least it's a huge improvement over what used to be on this lot.

• Like 1

It sucks but I don't think it's hideous even in the slightest. It's bland. It has great retail and is a major catalyst for this area of the city. 
There are many ways this building could have been "ugly," but it's not. It's just boring and uninspired. I don't think the design aspect deserves this much hate. They could have easily done better but at least it's a huge improvement over what used to be on this lot.

Next time you walk by look at the parapet. Looks like styrofoam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Having retail and being a catalyst for development, while nice, don’t play a role architecturally.  

This is a very visible super block and being “bland”, “boring” and “uninspired” should be a big problem for Charlotteans.

Instead, you’ve got local rags like the agenda calling it “beautiful”.  The bar is officially low.

Edited by ah59396
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

Having retail and being a catalyst for development, while nice, don’t play a role architecturally.  

This is a very visible super block and being “bland”, “boring” and “uninspired” should be a big problem for Charlotteans.

Instead, you’ve got local rags like the agenda calling it “beautiful”.  The bar is officially low.

People see a street like Stonewall, observe that it is a traffic sewer, and assume that it could never have anything fine-grained or nuanced. They assume it has to be a mega-structure. Put this same project proposal on a smaller, less trafficked street, and people would never approve.

This is why you end up with puke-inducingly dramatic headlines like "A blank parking garage wall will give rise to one of Charlotte’s largest artworks" about a banal parking garage getting a mural.

Edit: The term "will give rise to", I just can't get over. :sick:

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 3

On 10/31/2017 at 8:11 PM, KulBC said:

& 50 Shades of Beige continues...

IMG_5364.jpg

Could anyone get me an updated high resolution shot of this building from this angle?? Wrote an architectural critique of the building, and I want to include updated photos