Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

I also wouldn't leave out the incredible amount of square footage urban Whole Foods typically dedicate to dining. They will do a killer lunch hour business.

The business they will get from Conventions will be astounding. Hell from Hotels. Whenever my parents stay at Columbus Circle when they come to visit, my dad walks down to whole foods and grabs his weekly essentials. 

Edited by Guest

New thought. What if they end up extending Brevard across and only develop the Caldwell side of the block. I understand Brevard will have to dead end, but perhaps they reserve other side for future, as ATLRVR was saying, but with a hard boundary.

This would allow for a project more like what papadog has posted but with 1 tower, and one mid-rise instead of 3 mid-rises.

Then the other parcel will be purchased with hopes of placing a hotel (Westin expansion, making it a true convention hotel, having its lobby facing Brevard for drop offs and taxis, etc,) a small amount of office and Charlottes first condo building in forever. They would also make a direct link to the blue line.

While I certainly like what they are doing with the WF in Denver, in my opinion the Crescent project shouldn't look like this... Given the elevation and visibility it should be something twice as tall at least. So you'd  eliminate the same kind of look. One tower in the ~25 story range, with a smaller mid-rise a top the Whole Foods. In the context of what RDF sketched out...I also like the idea of the Westin expansion. Add a twin tower or something that adds another 500-ish rooms and we have our convention center hotel. 

RDF render could be dead on with future hotel lobby and porte cochere on the brevard side facing whole foods and Brevard extension leads into parking garage after about 150 feet from Stonewall. I might see the parking deck extending parallel to the 277 on ramp , running from near South Blvd side to the Phase 2 west side of property (with second rear access for garage and Whole Foods trucks on South Blvd side . Then the same garage (2 subterranean and maybe 2 above ground could service hi rise tower, mid rise, WF and the phase 2 hotel. Then create a bridge from Southwest upper level of garage to the blue line, with moving walkway of course for the folks carrying groceries from WF to Blu Line.

Top level of garage structure could serve as green plaza connecting moving walkway to tower, Mid, WF and hotel and even put the hotel and tower pools on top of it, they would face southwest for best tanning. One can only hope.

Brevard extension with stoplight would seem to be the best way to get the higher volume of WF and Hotel auto traffic in and out of parking garage.

It will be interesting to see which is built first-- a comfortable connection to Stonewall station from the new Whole Foods, or a new Ideal Way station beside the new Publix. South End residents will surely reward the leader.

Let the games begin!

But to be fair, the distance between WF and Stonewall station without a connection is not nearly the obstical that Publix has regarding its distance to stations (and everything just across the tracks). Ideal way station would greatly increase it's accessibility while a Stonewall Station connection would most likely make the distance to WF a little more comfortable.

The parcel where Orange Crush (or whatever it is now called) pays $48,537.62 in taxes each year.  It is owned by this company, http://polaris3g.mecklenburgcountync.gov/#/12513502,  From the Polaris Map it looks like there could be a connection around the back of that parcel to LYNX and the Crescent site.

Orange Crush, dang, I don't think its been named that in the 4 years that I have lived here hahaha thats funny its had so much change over. I feel like that is a LOT in taxes, I have never heard of anyone going to that place ever. How on earth has it remained open at all?

Orange Crush, dang, I don't think its been named that in the 4 years that I have lived here hahaha thats funny its had so much change over. I feel like that is a LOT in taxes, I have never heard of anyone going to that place ever. How on earth has it remained open at all?

Lol I assume no one else on this board ever has the radio on Power 98. Club Caviar has commercials on that station constantly, but I always pictured their income as something funded by Pat Cannon or some elaborate money laundering since it is a relatively small club on really expensive land. Oops... If I disappear tonight, y'all will know why.

Also even if it's packed every day, no one who doesn't go would know since it's tucked away in a sunken city corner.

Edited by MilZ

Per a friend of mine that works for a Commercial Listing Company

Whole Foods Earnings Report comes out at 5pm today, in this report they will list New Leases. Whole Foods should be announcing what appears to be a 47,003 sq feet store. I'm really surprised that it will be this big. I'm still skeptical of that number, and if its true, I think there will still be other retail attached. 

For reference if anyone has seen the WholeFoods in Hubtersville, that WholeFoods is 35,000 sq. ft

47,000sq. Ft must be huge

This is why I am skeptical. Whole foods in Southpark is listed as 45k, but in reality has only 38k leasable retail space and 7k of office space. We shall see I suppose.

They may have extra hot bar space and extra seating to really go after the breakfast, lunch, and dinner crowd with their hot bar options. The South Park location does very well for lunch and dinner within the area, and that area is not nearly as walkable and the store is not as accessible for those looking for a quick lunch. 

cryptic........

It weird man, this boom feels different, some of these developments that are in the works are actually doing things right. Tryon Place is TRULY killing it, and from what I heard today, Whole foods will be no exception. These two projects will be a huge boon for this area of town, more so that any development that has happened thus far.

It weird man, this boom feels different, some of these developments that are in the works are actually doing things right. Tryon Place is TRULY killing it, and from what I heard today, Whole foods will be no exception. These two projects will be a huge boon for this area of town, more so that any development that has happened thus far.

Seems like this boom is development for change, development for the future and development for the people. To truly make a statement with proper development, with actual usage of the facilities, and a real drive towards functionality mixed with style (if you will), actual thought going into the projects. Whereas before it seemed like it was just HEY LETS BUILD THINGS, STUFF, MONEY, THINGS.

Edited by Jayvee