Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

6 hours ago, southslider said:

Hopefully, some ramps and elevators were included to access the station, or else the "ADA-police" will close off those beautiful new steps (like what happened in Romare Bearden Park).

Forget the ADA, Romare is an obstacle course for bicycles, too. It's the ideal place to want to ride around those curved sidewalks, but turn any corner and another staircase of death forces you to break. Anywhere along the rail trail/platforms should be bike-friendly as  a park.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2018 at 3:24 AM, southslider said:

Hopefully, some ramps and elevators were included to access the station, or else the "ADA-police" will close off those beautiful new steps (like what happened in Romare Bearden Park).

Think for just a moment what you would do if you couldn't go up those "beautiful new steps." As someone who has been denied access to spaces for just that reason I assure you the ADA police are necessary. With a project of this size I'm sure it is fully ADA compliant.

• Like 2

From a Business Journal article this morning about leases 

""Seventy-one completed apartments are opening as part of the first phase, and 45 leases have already been signed to occupy those units, Tubridy said.""

More on the retail: ""A 2,000-square-foot retail space on that level is available to be leased. Whole Foods had originally planned to open a cafe there, and pegged its health and beauty concept, Whole Body, for a separate 7,500-square-foot space on the ground floor. Instead, the grocer will fold both of those into its store. As a result, Asana will lease the vacant space to three or four different retailers. Tubridy said there's been a lot of interest but indicated that nothing has been signed yet.""

Subscriber article https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/02/15/key-piece-of-uptown-building-boom-comes-to.html?ana=e_mc_prem&s=newsletter&ed=2018-02-15&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1518704463&j=80018151

• Like 3

Excellent news on the retail front IMO. I’m ok wort Whole Body And the cafe going to other tenants.

Whole Body is about the size of city target. Not sure or makes sense there but.

A pet retailer would be nice.  But again, Petco is at metropolitan. Although surely there’s enough demand to support another pet store in center city 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

^^ Hey I have never been to a Shake Shack (just hear they are good) and usually only eat hamburgers at home that I grill.   But I want that patio activated and a salad place wont do that except at lunch.  I did not say McDonalds up there for I did not want to trigger anyone.     But can't wait to head west this spring for my In N Out double double! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Dear Asana.

I understand you own the retail portion of Stonewall Station.  Why not offer a lower base rent for the rooftop box spot by the Stonewall station to Shake Shack and then collect a higher percentage of sales?   Then you can draw the tenants down to the street level with great signage for the rest of the retail spots.   Win win for all.  Think outside the box.

an UPer 

PS think how a restaurant like that would attract lunch and dinner guests from the apartments, the office buildings, convention center and hotels.  

Photos from today. 

IMG_5917.JPG

IMG_5918.JPG

You don't need to subsidize Shake Shack. They have some of the highest rent properties in NYC. 

• Like 1

^^ Hey I have never been to a Shake Shack (just hear they are good) and usually only eat hamburgers at home that I grill.   But I want that patio activated and a salad place wont do that except at lunch.  I did not say McDonalds up there for I did not want to trigger anyone.     But can't wait to head west this spring for my In N Out double double! 

Putting a shake shack there would be a disaster. An absolute freaking disaster. That single entrance platform could not handle the volume of humans! Personally think it ends up at Atherton, Design Center or DFA, they have an Edens connection so Atherton seems likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well what would generate lots of people at that upper level platform?  I just thought a high volume restaurant next to the LYNX station would be fine and with access up the stairs there from the street level.    What are your suggestions to animate that space more than just at lunch time?  

Not single entrance the open glass staircase from the street and the open to the train platform which is also open back down stairs and elevators from the Westin for public access (without going into the hotel) 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4