Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

22 hours ago, KJHburg said:

most uptown condos rent around $2 a sq ft so 2500-2700 a month maybe depending on floor.  

This stonewall station penthouse is $5.80 a sq ft which is extremely high per square for Charlotte and something like that would be even more in NYC brand new of course. 

On the money

$15k/mo :tw_joy:  

Just now, Scribe said:

I like it! I like it in person too!

I think the size is appropriate as well.

It reminds me of the "starry night" by van Gogh...

image.png.413c803d716ea813767af37ac56bfa4c.png

I'm okay with it, but I have a lot of concerns. The Elevator tower in the middle seems to still be shown as cinderblocks, they will be screening the "back of house" loading docks just with landscaping on the hill, and paint, and despite what every single rendering has shown, will not be screening facing stonewall. 

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm okay with it, but I have a lot of concerns. The Elevator tower in the middle seems to still be shown as cinderblocks, they will be screening the "back of house" loading docks just with landscaping on the hill, and paint, and despite what every single rendering has shown, will not be screening facing stonewall. 

That is very upsetting!  I know the garage is not very visible from street level along stonewall but it will still stick out like a sore thumb when viewing form higher up.  I mean, why the hell even show screening on the renderings when you have no intention of doing it, that's very misleading.  I'm sure they will say it was value engineering but I'll go ahead an call BS on that, they new from the beginning that they wouldn't do anything  on this side of the building.  Shame on them.

• Like 1

"The physician can bury his mistakes,—but the architect can only advise his client to plant vines." - The notorious F.L.W.

Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/27/2018 at 8:08 PM, navigator319 said:

Just wtf is the point of all this in that spot? Is it not going to be 100% blocked by the second hotel?? So e’ffing dumb and what a waste.

It is not going to be 100% blocked by the second hotel. The point is to try to provide as much screening as possible to an otherwise horribly ugly parking garage fronting a major traffic corridor and entrance to uptown. The cost seems worth it to the developers. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

Uptown will be changed forever come this Wednesday with the opening of the first full sized grocery store.   All angles and I went under some construction walkway between the Home2Suites and the main parking garage and came out right under the art installation.  Up close and personal.  Today and it looks like the 2nd hotel is getting ready to get cranking as they were doing foundation pilings. 

IMG_9949.JPG

IMG_9950.JPG

IMG_9951.JPG

IMG_9952.JPG

IMG_9953.JPG

IMG_9957.JPG

IMG_9958.JPG

IMG_9959.JPG

It looks good, no doubt, but I just pray to god they paint the rest of that cinderblock some sort of color.