Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

Dhqs84mXkAAXXeK.jpg

The 176-room EVEN hotel at Novel Stonewall Station has obtained a $28 million construction loan, NorthMarq Capital said today . Expect more construction soon next to the Home2 Suites that's already underway.

From Twitter this morning.   This is the prefab hotel and it will rise quickly next to the Home2Suites underway now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

:sick:

they show the most unattractive angle, the side facing "Wanderwall" I don't get why they would do that. You can see the brick facade on the bottom right, that wraps around the rest of the building. The other side will be ugly too, but not this ugly.

I went to the Whole Foods on Friday, seems tiny to me, and has a ton of wasted space. I wouldn't call it full size by any metric. Tiny prepared food section, tiny produce section. Maybe I'm spoiled because I live in Brooklyn and ours is humongous, I just expected so much more from this grocery store.

46 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Tiny prepared food section, tiny produce section. Maybe I'm spoiled because I live in Brooklyn and ours is humongous, I just expected so much more from this grocery store.

Yes, yes and yes.  I like it but was also underwhelmed by the prepared food section.  

This new Even will be totally prefab down to the hotel room furniture then assembled on site.  This technique has been around a long time for my parents stayed in the Hilton del Palacio in downtown San Antonio right after it was assembled room by room LOL  All the furniture is in place including window treatments so look for this hotel that has not even started to be opened around the same time as the site built Homes2Suite. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I actively try not to get people in my photos but there were people carrying WF bags out of the store up Stonewall across towards to the convention center towards College St. etc.  a few more photos. 

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

see, I want to see people, its bad there aren't any.

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

see, I want to see people, its bad there aren't any.

Patience, grasshoppers.  Once Tryon Place, the hotels, NWR, etc., are done, it will be much busier.  Right now, it's rightly an area to avoid (and many WF customers park in the ginormous garage, unfortunately).

• Like 3

On 7/9/2018 at 11:14 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I went to the Whole Foods on Friday, seems tiny to me, and has a ton of wasted space. I wouldn't call it full size by any metric. Tiny prepared food section, tiny produce section. Maybe I'm spoiled because I live in Brooklyn and ours is humongous, I just expected so much more from this grocery store.

It's 5,000 square feet larger than the SouthPark store.

It's 5,000 square feet larger than the SouthPark store.

It’s much much smaller. In the end it was 33k sq feet

Wait which are you referring to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going on what the CBJ and Observer reported. The uptown store is 47K sf; SouthPark is 42K. Waverly is 40K.

They’ve backed off that number twice in the media. CBJ and Observer included

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They’ve backed off that number twice in the media. CBC and Observer included

Next time you're in town, go to SP. The uptown store appears far larger. And the veggie section there is just as tiny.

I guess it's all what you're used to. The store next to my usual hotel in San Francisco (corner of Franklin and California) is the size of the uptown HT. 

The SS Whole Foods is about 36.000 sq ft around the same size as the Huntersville store.  Their SouthPark store was always meant to be the flagship for the region and Waverly is a big store due its suburban location and it serves a huge wealthy area.   

• Like 1

Next time you're in town, go to SP. The uptown store appears far larger. And the veggie section there is just as tiny.

I guess it's all what you're used to. The store next to my usual hotel in San Francisco (corner of Franklin and California) is the size of the uptown HT. 

I’m used to 7,000 sq feet max grocery stores, being a South Brooklyn resident. SP store which I shop at every Christmas, Fourth of July and Christmas definitely feels more compartmentalized and less open and airy, but don’t confuse that with larger. Uptown felt so small to me. Highly functional and great, but small.