Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

I noticed something about the wall today that will bug me ever so slightly (at least until the other hotel blocks it). On the side facing Caldwell there are four spots where it looks like the decorative metal has either broken off or has been bent back. They are really small and most likely wouldn't be noticed when driving by, but sitting at that light you are just staring at them. If you have ever had a TV with a dead pixel you can picture what it looks like.

The only reason why this kinda bothers me is that now I'm wondering how this will look after a few bad storms come through.

• 2 weeks later...
I was going to ask.  Please tell me those exposed areas are going to be painted.  I’ll even take beige and won’t complain.

Supposedly. But here’s the thing. Last time you painted your house, did ya put the artwork on the walls before or after you painted. Know what I mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This whole thing is idiotic.  Yes they are painting it is a wonderful gray color as they have started in some areas.

God help me it if I'm every out and someone says they work for Crescent Communities.  They will get a tirade from hell about their 'cheap' blight they spreading across Charlotte .  If I could draw a giant middle finger out of hash marks I would to this company.

• Like 1

The funny thing is that, when you're on the ground listening to how people shop for apartments, and how employees in the industry view properties, it would seem as though no one cares about the things we discuss here on UP.

All I hear when people discuss all of these various new Uptown/adjacent properties is: the finishes, how easy or difficult parking is, the views, the amenities. And then only sometimes do people bring up: pricing, adjacent businesses/neighborhood offerings (most seem to think of Uptown as a monolith).

Anytime I bring up a streetscape, or a color scheme, or lack of retail, I always get blank stares :huh:

• Like 3

Speaking of streetscapes what is the latest for Stonewall Station's other retail spaces?  anyone heard.  Nothing but CDS now (cold dark shells)   I have been uptown multiple times since this store opened and it is drawing the lunch crowd and grocery shoppers that walks crowd too.

• Like 1

The Wanderwall will be seen especially from 277 the hotel is only blocking the view from the Caldwell St South Blvd side.  besides hotel guests want to look at something too. I once stayed at a hotel in downtown Toronto were my window was facing a narrow dark passage with a few pigeons.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Drove by it today on the freeway. It's hard to believe that the Proffit Dixon project is still very much under construction, yet it looks light years better from 277 than this POS does. 

What's a lazy developer do when a project looks like ass? They plant leyland cypress. Just paint the exposed concrete along the loading docks, for God's sake! Even Charlotte beige would be an improvement at this point.

10 hours ago, Miesian Corners said:

Drove by it today on the freeway. It's hard to believe that the Proffit Dixon project is still very much under construction, yet it looks light years better from 277 than this POS does. 

What's a lazy developer do when a project looks like ass? They plant leyland cypress. Just paint the exposed concrete along the loading docks, for God's sake! Even Charlotte beige would be an improvement at this point.

From the freeway, it's awful.  From Stonewall, it's a lot better than Proffit Dixon (but I hate all of their projects).