Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

How come this one little apartment  at SS has more vines than the Ascent and their parking garage?   They should hire this tenant or better yet move this tenant to their tower to help with the vines to cover the Ascent parking deck.    Today from the Stonewall Station.

IMG_2395.JPG

Must be an UPer trying to shield the eyes of passerbys from the inherent blandness of the building.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, abttown said:

Zooming in on those leaves, it does look an awful lot like Kudzu!

It does look like kudzu but I thought I saw some tomatoes growing in pots on the porch maybe be beans of some sorts.  This tenant should be promoted to chief vine grower at the Ascent and given a free apartment there.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@CarolinaCrown @Missmylab4 Why downvote my opinion? I zoomed in really close and compared close up pictures of grapes and kudzu. The leaves look like kudzu and the style and shape of the vines look like kudzu. We had a lot of kudzu on our property growing up so I know what it looks like.

Kind of petty to downvote someone's comment just because it's different then your own.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I will do a full investigation next time I am uptown myself on the great vine controversy.  All I can say it is fast growing for I did not notice it in mid July until I took that photo last week. 

Thank goodness detective KJ is on the case.

Kudzu can cover an entire tree in two months. I think it can grow about a foot per day. 

2 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I feel like down voting on UP is done sarcastically most of the time... but I could be wrong

I kind of see it as more of a middle finger to the poster for whatever it is they posted.

• Like 3

I'm almost positive that it's kudzu and not grapes.

I’m nearly positive it’s kudzu too. Maybe in a year all of stonewall station will be covered lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I’m nearly positive it’s kudzu too. Maybe in a year all of stonewall station will be covered lol

It can climb concrete so that would actually be pretty awesome!

If it is kudzu, I wouldn't be surprised if crescent or the city takes action. Once this stuff starts spreading, you're going to be fighting it for forever. Cutting, spraying weed killer, and even razing it and burning isn't enough to stop it from popping back up in a few years somehow. 

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Including Wanderwall damn it!  What were those guys thinking putting a mural up with all that kudzu (grape leaves, hops?) around?  What a waste...

• Haha 1

I actually have change my mind. It just looks too supple and delicate to be kudzu. I dunno tho. Could be hops. Im not a botanist. I'll stick to Urban Planning

Edited by Guest