Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

I truly hate everything about the above picture.  My hate 100% transfers to Crescent as well.  I continue to pray they go out of business every day.

I have highlighted everything I despise and is idiotic.

crap.thumb.png.91c7b98cffd3c5805e678ac5dd51065a.png

similarly, this is what i hate about this project.

image.thumb.png.d3e10404abfe2337b02c04a80ad8772b.png

In all seriousness, what is up with the cinderblock staircase/elevator shaft sticking up out of the wonderwall?  Are they ever going to paint that or something?  Are they going to paint it gray like the cinder block to the left of the wonderwall?

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I guess the gravel parking  lot and dubious nightclub were better.  Who needs a full sized grocery store uptown anyway? 

Half-full-and-empty-157672090-57a8f6553df78cf45952581a.jpg

I am sorry, but this argument can not be used for EVERYTHING.  Yes it does matter the packages all these amenities we want come in!  Yes i'd taken the gravel lot for 5 extra years if meant would have got a higher quality project here.  And why would we have potentially got a higher quality project?  Because having Ally Center on one side and Northwood Ravin across the street would have demanded something better here.

Excusing it away because got a 37ksqft WH which is horribly configured on the inside btw is BS.  

• Like 2

I find myself uncharacteristically agreeing with everyone on this thread.  The design is pretty bad, particularly from that view.  It does bring some value (WF) and critical mass.  It won't scar the skyline like LU and I'm confident it will look better when they are done with the hotels and painting.  I personally think it's better than nothing but that's faint praise.

• Like 2

I really appreciate what it does as a piece of development. The utility of a full size grocery store, apartments right on transit, and activation of a pitiful part of town... all are really positive! It'd just be nice if it had design. Or texture. Or shape. Or... you know, paint. I don't want Crescent to die, but it wouldn't hurt them to go to Chapel Hill and wave some money at some of the talented grad students in the architecture school. (And then let them actually architect.)

• Like 2

I find myself uncharacteristically agreeing with everyone on this thread.  The design is pretty bad, particularly from that view.  It does bring some value (WF) and critical mass.  It won't scar the skyline like LU and I'm confident it will look better when they are done with the hotels and painting.  I personally think it's better than nothing but that's faint praise.

They are done painting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, asthasr said:

I don't want Crescent to die, but it wouldn't hurt them to go to Chapel Hill and wave some money at some of the talented grad students in the architecture school. (And then let them actually architect.)

Yes, this. However there is no architecture school in Chapel Hill. UNCC on the other hand....

[apologies for the nit pick]

Edited by kermit
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, asthasr said:

YOU SUCK

Guilty as charged.

Apologies for the discention, I know we both just want Charlotte developers to do better — can’t we both just kick them until they repent and promise to followthrough on their initial designs?

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

Wait are you saying they will not be painting the remaining exposed cinder blocks in that gray color on the right and bottom?

Have you seen any crews working on this building? It’s effectively completed. Wouldn’t they have painted that elevator shaft before they put up 2 million dollars worth of public art? Painted the back of the house loading dock, before Whole Foods started accepting deliveries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The front side looks decent overall aside from the huge white strip along the roof line.  The back side is pretty ugly; considering how prominent it is from the freeway, I would have expected a little more effort on the back.  That said, overall, this has been a great project given that the area has gone from wasteland to a vibrant space.  

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, cltheel.sdl said:

The front side looks decent overall aside from the huge white strip along the roof line.  The back side is pretty ugly; considering how prominent it is from the freeway, I would have expected a little more effort on the back.  That said, overall, this has been a great project given that the area has gone from wasteland to a vibrant space.  

Ive never seen buildings along a freeway outside of clt that looked half as good as this thing does from the back. 

Most ive seen look like this 

1200px-James_Monroe_Building_VA.JPG

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Ive never seen buildings along a freeway outside of clt that looked half as good as this thing does from the back. 

1200px-James_Monroe_Building_VA.JPG&key=7a60f283a30582b6051b474d64f8ac0de4eb2a3d47c4d94f74206be186961b2b

Looks better than Novel Stonewall Station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

1200px-James_Monroe_Building_VA.JPG

I used to look at that building from my apartment in downtown RVA every day.  As ugly as it is I have to agree with RDF it looks better than Novell Stonewall Station.  

I assume that picture is taken from Jefferson Park...Libby Hill park is another great place to look over the cityscape in Richmond.