Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

Honestly all that it would take for me to totally like Stonewall Station is a light, frenzied art of dark streaks on the topmost white portions. Something nonsolid, maybe fractal or like a dance of curved lines in black or dark blue. That goes for the apartment podium and the high-rise together. The sides aren't really unsalvageable.

That said, I know some here are almost never satisfied with anything that comes to this city so I don't expect agreement. (Not a swipe, just stating a fact)

• Like 3

On 11/3/2018 at 2:12 PM, cltbwimob said:

I used to look at that building from my apartment in downtown RVA every day.  As ugly as it is I have to agree with RDF it looks better than Novell Stonewall Station.  

I assume that picture is taken from Jefferson Park...Libby Hill park is another great place to look over the cityscape in Richmond.

I was thinking that I like that....I don't even know what the structure is...an old church? a very old house?  The one that is perilously close to the ramp near Broad St. on 95 in RVA.

I know that's not a clear description, but it looks nice from the highway, so there's that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 8:40 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

This project is getting better and better.  Osiris Rain - Artist is featured in Happenings Magazine for this Mural at Stonewall Station.  I LOVE murals - Makes for much more interesting Urban Landscape!

IMG_0807.JPG

doesn't add much to the urban landscape when you can only see it from the amenity deck.

• 3 weeks later...

This to me is probably the best idea for the empty lot that was, but the worst result I could imagine.  The execution of the parking garage and the cover up with that instillation art is the most HIDEOUS combination out of all of Charlotte's apartment garages. The front bottom looks good with the brown and Wholefoods there, but the rest is so random. This entire building should have been covered in  a light brick color with  a completely hidden garage with the apartments wrapped around all sides and none of it poking out above the top apartment floors around the shorter section. 

Edited by j-man

image.thumb.png.25b27259285a515938f26ca5ea8b827d.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370

Should be noted that I think someone has started stuccoing over the exposed cinderblock areas. I've never seen anyone do it, but theres photo evidence every once in a while, and it progresses just a little bit every week or so. You can see a patch just below Wonderwall. I have seen no scaffolding, so no idea how its being done.

Theory:

Its @KJHburg on his lunch break.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

image.thumb.png.25b27259285a515938f26ca5ea8b827d.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370

Should be noted that I think someone has started stuccoing over the exposed cinderblock areas. I've never seen anyone do it, but theres photo evidence every once in a while, and it progresses just a little bit every week or so. You can see a patch just below Wonderwall. I have seen no scaffolding, so no idea how its being done.

Theory:

ohhhh. ok didnt even notice that. It doesn't look half bad. 

1 minute ago, NikolaTesla said:

At this point, what would you guys do to improve the look of this project? 

I'll hold off until Even Hotels is completed, and they cinderblock is spackled over.

3 minutes ago, NikolaTesla said:

Have actual retail tenants besides Whole Foods instead of "Work, Play, Live" stickers on the windows. Otherwise the street side looks great. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370

Theory:

Not me today was scarfing down a combo platter at Fuzzy's Taco Shop in Berewick.  But I do park here a lot so I will check it out next time I am there.   if it is indeed stucco covering most likely has to be done on a dry day which have been in short supply here of late. 

6 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Anyone know what is going on with the Even hotel?  Has not changed in  ~3 months from as it looks today

It is prefab so once it starts it will be complete in a few weeks.  It will be like setting lego blocks on top of each other with fully decorating rooms I think.  

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, NikolaTesla said:

Take down the mural and add the stucco to the entire exposed parts of the parking deck so it wont look so tacky. That mural is nice but it all comes together like a kid picked out the colors for this project. 

32 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

It is prefab so once it starts it will be complete in a few weeks.  It will be like setting lego blocks on top of each other with fully decorating rooms I think.  

lol, I dunno about a few weeks, I'd say a few months. There was a prefab hotel built pretty much on top of the barclay center in brooklyn, it took at least a year to get together.