Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

I would not call this a mural. It is a more elaborate screening material. Of which it is high quality. It’s just idiotic in its placemat and quantity.

To make this project better I’d expand the use of that screening including to the white blank areas around the mid rise portion. I’d accept some value engineering of the material to make it more financial palatable as it would be net win. In addition, I’d change the color of the whole damn building to something more of the lines of Its neighbors to the left, especially Savoy.

51 minutes ago, j-man said:

Can somebody tell me where is the parking going to go for these hotels or are they going to have to park in the garage above WholeFoods? Because I dont see any underground nor above ground garage lol 

Deck has 1378 spaces, 266 reserved for the hotels

Edited by Guest

Those 2013 renderings look like suburban office buildings in a place like Orange County, CA Tempe, AZ or Tampla, FL with those motor courts and "plazas." Much more happy with what is getting build and the density along Stonewall, particularly 550 Uptown versus what was proposed on that corner. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Those 2013 renderings look like suburban office buildings in a place like Orange County, CA Tempe, AZ or Tampla, FL with those motor courts and "plazas." Much more happy with what is getting build and the density along Stonewall, particularly 550 Uptown versus what was proposed on that corner. 

I would have personally preferred this. Buried parking gives way more flexibility, and breaks up the superblock feel Stonewall Station has.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

2013 proposal for the Stonewall Station/Northwood Ravin land. I think by Cousins. 

I would have liked this better simply for the more sleek looking buildings compared to  whats going up now, especially stonewall station apartments. . tho all of that wasted landscape would have to go. That could be so much retail. Looks more SouthPark style. and maybe change up the glass colors to not be so redundant. Oh, but I would keep 550 Stonewall. 

Edited by j-man

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I would have personally preferred this. Buried parking gives way more flexibility, and breaks up the superblock feel Stonewall Station has.

The buried parking is definitely a huge plus in that plan, just not a fan of the low density, the motor courts, fountains, suburban entrances, and suburban design of the buildings themselves they planned to use on top of that buried parking. They look and interact with the street like an office in South Park, rather than a building in Uptown. It looks like the end of Rexford Road with the big fountain in the middle of the street with the Coca Cola Bottling and Nucor Steel headquarters. The building in that plan where 550 Uptown is, would only be accessible by walking through the motor court to the parking garage, whereas the actual building we are getting has retail right on Stonewall. The were also proposing a wall of trees at the corner of Stonewall / South Blvd that looks straight out of a Ballantyne intersection, rather that way we are getting with buildings right up to the edge of the intersection.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

Does anyone else think that the wanderwall does not compliment the bland freeway facing side of the project?  It's looks so out place IMO.  I can see the art installation working much better with look and material of something like the RailYard, just an example..

Edited by NikolaTesla

18 minutes ago, NikolaTesla said:

Does anyone else think that the wanderwall does not compliment the bland freeway facing side of the project?  It's looks so out place IMO.  I can see the art installation working much better with look and material of something like the RailYard, just an example..

Yeah if they had blue awnings or that color incorporated in other areas on that side of the project, it would likely fit in better. I'd prefer if they focused on getting some additional retail tenants to join the Stonewall side of the project with Whole Foods though. The street activity has been nice from Whole Foods and made that dead section better... just would be great if they could round out the tenant mix and get the stickers off the windows. These spots have been empty for a while now. Potential tenants might be turned off from the traffic mess next door as the hotel gets built. 

Edited by CLT2014

50 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

The buried parking is definitely a huge plus in that plan, just not a fan of the low density, the motor courts, fountains, suburban entrances, and suburban design of the buildings themselves they planned to use on top of that buried parking. They look and interact with the street like an office in South Park, rather than a building in Uptown. It looks like the end of Rexford Road with the big fountain in the middle of the street with the Coca Cola Bottling and Nucor Steel headquarters. The building in that plan where 550 Uptown is, would only be accessible by walking through the motor court to the parking garage, whereas the actual building we are getting has retail right on Stonewall. The were also proposing a wall of trees at the corner of Stonewall / South Blvd that looks straight out of a Ballantyne intersection, rather that way we are getting with buildings right up to the edge of the intersection.

I 100% agree with its deficiencies. I'm just attempting to illustrate what could have been possible with a subterranean parking deck.

3 hours ago, j-man said:

they should take that wall art off, then do this to the outer garage walls. It would look so much less tacky. 

I actually like the wanderwall but do agree the cinderblocks need to be painted.  It really is nice to see as  you driving in from South Blvd.   It has really grown on me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I actually like the wanderwall but do agree the cinderblocks need to be painted.  It really is nice to see as  you driving in from South Blvd.   It has really grown on me. 

The wanderwall is noce, but not for this project. specially being shoved on such an awkward corner. It would have looked nice for like an aquarium parking garage.  It just looks very elementary. 

Has anyone else noticed this?

I am involved with a lot of residential activity Uptown, and I have not heard ANYONE, aside from the community staff, pronounce "Novel" Stonewall properly. On regular rotation, I will hear:

No - Vell

No - Vawl

Naw - Vell

The english language literally has two (2) words that pronounce "Novel" exactly the same way; a noun (fictitious prose at book length), and an adjective (new, unusual, interesting). Why is this so difficult?

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Has anyone else noticed this?

I am involved with a lot of residential activity Uptown, and I have not heard ANYONE, aside from the community staff, pronounce "Novel" Stonewall properly. On regular rotation, I will hear:

No - Vell

No - Vawl

Naw - Vell

The english language literally has two (2) words that pronounce "Novel" exactly the same way; a noun (fictitious prose at book length), and an adjective (new, unusual, interesting). Why is this so difficult?

Because every time I've heard the word "novel" come out of a crescent employee's mouth it sounds really dumb