Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

Photos of the most maligned new project uptown today.   Notice the pool on the top deck.  And the privacy walls on the patios of the light rail view apartments.  As much I love Coke I am not sure I would want a machine in front of my apartment.  Not sure why they did not put them on the other side anyway. 

IMG_6477.JPG

IMG_6478.JPG

IMG_6479.JPG

IMG_6480.JPG

IMG_6487.JPG

IMG_6489.JPG

• Like 4

On 3/16/2018 at 12:56 PM, KJHburg said:

Photos of the most maligned new project uptown today.   Notice the pool on the top deck.  And the privacy walls on the patios of the light rail view apartments.  As much I love Coke I am not sure I would want a machine in front of my apartment.  Not sure why they did not put them on the other side anyway. 

IMG_6477.JPG

IMG_6478.JPG

Haha man this thing is ugly every way you look at it.  The placement of that coke machine is perfect.  Reminds me of when I used to arbitrarily place random food kiosks everywhere in Roller Coaster Tycoon.

I’m still convinced this is the worst project in the city.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2018 at 2:35 PM, rockhilljames said:

It reminds me of something but I just can't put my finger on it…

kowloon.jpg

If only!  Kowloon walled city had a density of 50k on that 6 acres.    6 acres is roughly 2 Charlotte downtown blocks.  and 50k human beings are roughly the population of Uptown and SouthEnd and then some, all squeezed on to 2 blocks.    Mindblowing. 

Regardless.   Stonewall Station isn't quite as ugly but it's not great.   The UDO can't come soon enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carolinaboy said:

I'm surprised no one has yet complained about the missing pipe cap (or whatever it is) in the picture with the vending machine.   :D

or just the existence of the pipes.

28 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

I demand that something be done about it. That has totally ruined this project.

maybe start by emailing the developer. I'm sure its not too hard to extrapolate their email address. 

Here is an updated shot of the hotel sites.  Notice the height of the elevator shafts.  Say what you will about the design, but adding the two hotels to this intersection is going to create a very dense and urban feel, especially right across the street from the 550 Stonewall plaza.  Does anyone know if there will be any entrance to the hotels near the corner of Stonewall/Caldwell, or will the only entrance be the main development entrance off of Stonewall?  If there is an entrance off of Caldwell it might create some interesting traffic dynamics.

CSS.jpg.f5acb58b0b2c974493eff018bfca5db1.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Here is an updated shot of the hotel sites.  Notice the height of the elevator shafts.  Say what you will about the design, but adding the two hotels to this intersection is going to create a very dense and urban feel, especially right across the street from the 550 Stonewall plaza.  Does anyone know if there will be any entrance to the hotels near the corner of Stonewall/Caldwell, or will the only entrance be the main development entrance off of Stonewall?  If there is an entrance off of Caldwell it might create some interesting traffic dynamics.

CSS.jpg.f5acb58b0b2c974493eff018bfca5db1.jpg

Main vehicle entrance will be on a street bisecting the two hotels. Most of Stonewall will be retail

Edited by Guest

This may have been previously discussed, but the Even hotel will finish before the H2S even though it will start later.  This is because the developer is pre-fabricating the rooms off-site and according to the ELI5 I was provided, building the hotel like a giant lego set.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Today Stonewall Station all angles. Upfit is well underway in the Whole Foods store.   Last photo the Home2Suite hotel. 

IMG_6842.JPG

Anyone else hoping that KJH accidently get a shot of himself in a reflection, so that we could know who this mysterious human is?

38 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Next week I am off the grid in the high desert.  it is classified at this point LOL so please keep me posted on what is going on.  I will have limited internet or cell service.   It is a land of strange lights 

Area 51?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, elrodvt said:

Special Wendy's test ground?

I will be able to eat my In N Out burger next week until I hit the high desert then I will eat like the natives mainly Mexican and beef.  Can't wait and hopefully  missile testing does not close the park. 

• Haha 1