Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

16 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Perhaps a media person can contact Mayfair Street Partners and see what is going on.

http://www.mayfairstreetpartners.com/even/index.php

they are based in Alpharetta 

http://www.mayfairstreetpartners.com/#contact

I mean... I've been saying on this website for 5 months that they've been dodging my calls. My skyline article ended up getting 61,000 views and would have been great publicity for them. Not a word, no call back, no email back, no nothing. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Crane is being taken down this morning.... going to assume Even Hotel is dead in current form.

can someone get a photo of this in more advanced stages? 

45 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I mean is it possible crane was needed by crane owner at another site  and the rooms prefabbed could have be delayed?  Why is it assume it is dead for good? 

My best guess is that the prefabrication isn't/wasn't going to plan. Maybe they're just engineering this to a more traditional design. If they're renting the crane it may have made more sense to take it down and rent another once construction starts up again. This could also indicate that they're gonna go with a more traditional design as the lower floors wouldn't need a tower crane, and they wouldn't need the strength of a tower crane to lift whole rooms into place. I find it hard to believe a hotel project in one of the fastest growing cities in the nation would just fail. If anything another company will scoop this up sooner than later. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Urban Cowboy said:

Time to turn this into a badass outdoor rock climbing gym. Paint the concrete shafts with some wild paint schemes, throw up some cool lighting, and add a bar. Then demo the whole thing when the time comes for a redevelopment. But honestly a climbing gym here would be badass and buzzworthy in the interim.

Yes, I would drive from Greensboro to come climb...just make sure they have enough V1, V2's and V3's for me lol  

Also, i didn't think this project could get any uglier from the freeway facing side, but i guess i was wrong. 

Edited by NikolaTesla

On 4/11/2019 at 10:14 AM, Bruco72 said:

I guess I was hoping they needed the other hotel to be nearly complete before they could get going for some reason. At least, that's what I convinced myself was going on. 

And, I didn't mean anyone in particular work my comment. I'll include myself in the group of believers just because I wanted it to be true. Very frustrating sometimes.

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

drive by today.  Is this my favorite uptown mixed use project? No way but once the retail is filled in along Stonewall and hotels open, it makes for a very vibrant stretch of an otherwise major uptown corridor that was desolate before.  

IMG_3026.JPG

KJ, I am with you 100% on how great and how needed the street activation is with the retail and residential this project is bringing, but i don't think there is any excuse for how terrible they did with the design and execution of this project, specifically this freeway facing side.  This may not be rational thinking, especially since its a money game,  and i know it's simplistic of me,  but why can't developers and developments be held to a higher standard in Uptown?  I just think Uptown deserves better.  

Props to some of the high quality projects like 300 S Tryon, Ally Charlotte Center(so far), Dimensional Place, The RailYard etc..

Edited by NikolaTesla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KJ, I am with you 100% on how great and how needed the street activation is with the retail and residential this project is bringing, but i don't think there is any excuse for how terrible they did with the design and execution of this project, specifically this freeway facing side.  This may not be rational thinking, especially since its a money game,  and i know it's simplistic of me,  but why can't developers and developments be held to a higher standard in Uptown?  I just think Uptown deserves better.  
Props to some of the high quality projects like 300 S Tryon, Ally Charlotte Center(so far), Dimensional Place, The RailYard etc..

Because it’s partially our desires for higher standards that’s making the rents increase across the board. If they had made the 277 facing side higher quality and better designed, the rents would have been even higher. I listened to a podcast about affordable housing it opened my eyes a bit. Sometimes there needs to be a bit of a equilibrium. Not everything can be perfect.

And to complicate it worse, unless we can figure out how to get more of the next generation to follow a path toward construction, electrician work, plumbing, brick laying, metalwork, etc, we are going to have an even harder time building quality structures for decent prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if they knew this parcel would turn out looking like this they would have went back to redraw it. Yeah I hate passing it sometimes. 

They are going to sell the entire complex for an astonishingly high number in a few months so I can guarantee you, they don’t give a damn what it looks like.

7 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They are going to sell the entire complex for an astonishingly high number in a few months so I can guarantee you, they don’t give a damn what it looks like.

Yeah because that is the business. But in general just saying what others have said on here. It’s poorly executed 

I am not sure Crescent would sell this as their new rich Japanese parent company likely will hold their holdings. Japanese companies think very long term and now that Crescent is flush with cash so to speak they have plenty of money for other development opportunities. 

I am still waiting for the first timber midrise to be announced in Charlotte 10 plus stories. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I am still waiting for the first timber midrise to be announced in Charlotte 10 plus stories. 

Yeesh, I have done apartment leasing and it is far easier to sell concrete high rises to prospective residents due to noise issues between neighbors. That said, anything that (safely) reduces housing costs is still worth it.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1