Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

16 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Yeesh, I have done apartment leasing and it is far easier to sell concrete high rises to prospective residents due to noise issues between neighbors. That said, anything that (safely) reduces housing costs is still worth it.

You'd still have to meet code requirements for acoustics in dwelling units - minimum 50 IIC through the floor and 50 STC through walls. Not top of the line, but I think many modern apartments don't actually meet that requirement (which is easily overlooked). 

On 4/14/2019 at 12:31 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They are going to sell the entire complex for an astonishingly high number in a few months so I can guarantee you, they don’t give a damn what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As RDF said in another thread, Crescent always has high aspirations when they sell a project, and 99% of them get VEed out. I think that's just their way of developing, supremely oversell what you're going to do, and then do almost none of it. It creates a lot of buzz and helps early leasing, and by the time it's complete they're on to the next shiny object. Most developers do this, but they have a knack for overhyping more than most. The best thing they've ever done is the art cladding on the back of this project.

CLT> said:

As RDF said in another thread, Crescent always has high aspirations when they sell a project, and 99% of them get VEed out. I think that's just their way of developing,

supremely oversell what you're going to do, and then do almost none of it. It creates a lot of buzz and helps early leasing, and by the time it's complete they're on to the next shiny object. Most developers do this, but they have a knack for overhyping more than most. The best thing they've ever done is the art cladding on the back of this project.

Haha, don’t think that’s what I was trying to say. Step into their interiors, and enjoy their amenities. They are serious about experiential and it delivers. Their idea sessions are pretty creative and awesome.

Perhaps if they didn’t have to build $50M extra in parking, we’d have had a more inspiring design toward 277. But since their lender required almost 2 spots per person, they had to cut some corners. What happens if they don’t cut a few corners? Even more expensive apartments.

They do great work, when the clientele is completely premium, Ally Center is going to be incredible for instance.

So yea, instead of overhyping, Perhaps the problem is they set their own expectations a little too high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

CLT> said:

As RDF said in another thread, Crescent always has high aspirations when they sell a project, and 99% of them get VEed out. I think that's just their way of developing,

supremely oversell what you're going to do, and then do almost none of it. It creates a lot of buzz and helps early leasing, and by the time it's complete they're on to the next shiny object. Most developers do this, but they have a knack for overhyping more than most. The best thing they've ever done is the art cladding on the back of this project.

Haha, don’t think that’s what I was trying to say. Step into their interiors, and enjoy their amenities. They are serious about experiential and it delivers. Their idea sessions are pretty creative and awesome.

Perhaps if they didn’t have to build $50M extra in parking, we’d have had a more inspiring design toward 277. But since their lender required almost 2 spots per person, they had to cut some corners. What happens if they don’t cut a few corners? Even more expensive apartments.

They do great work, when the clientele is completely premium, Ally Center is going to be incredible for instance.

So yea, instead of overhyping, Perhaps the problem is they set their own expectations a little too high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's fair. And all I thought you said before was the 'high aspirations get VEed out.' The rest is me.

I'd rather have high aspiration developers that don't deliver, than total crap ones that do. Eventually, though the gig will be up. Their apartment amenities are pretty much standard for the market, their interiors are at least well thought out. But on the exterior, there is zero differentiation between their product and others. That's more of a market & financing issue, but every render they release is nothing like the finished product.

40 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

any update on the Even Hotel?

The Stonewall corridor would have been the last place I would have thought a project would stall or fizzle out.  I don't know what happened, but the removal of the crane was a big sign to me that it was a serious hiccup and doesn't look like they will resolve it quickly.  How does that work though if Even fell through?  Can another developer salvage what was started or will that be torn down or it's just a waiting game for Even developer to get their ish together?

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

5 minutes ago, CTiger said:

Good lord thats ugly.  I'm not sure if this is the first time I am seeing this rendering, or if I had seen a rendering before and just repressed it.

well. keep in mind this side faces INSIDE, toward the parking deck. That shows just how inept Mayfair Street Partners is. They showed an angle that could literally only be seen MAYBE from the second floor of the parking deck. The least sexy, back of the house. Maybe just because that's the guest drop-off area, but its definitely an unsexy image.

• 2 weeks later...
My apologies if this has been explained before but could somebody explain what happened to the two hotels on this site? Is one of them being completed (the one that is further done)?

One is being completed, one literally nobody knows except the people who own it. And if they do know, they ain’t talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/20/2019 at 12:13 PM, KJHburg said:

Stonewall Station today and Home2Suites is racing towards completion.  Hopefully the modular hotel the Even gets restarted soon. 

The vine competition is heating up as well as another tenant planting vines on the rail side of SS. 

IMG_4656.JPG

Someone at CATS needs their a$$ handed to them on a platter for allowing that coke machine there.

Edited by Miesian Corners
  • Haha 3