Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 10:21 PM, Urban Cowboy said:

Haha very funny. But wouldn’t this space be perfect for THAT Apple store?? 

An uptown Apple Store would be a nice addition to adding to the liveliness of uptown. Though subtle, it will be noticeable. Center City lacks retail variety and density that is typically soaked up by Malls and sprawling Shopping Centers. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

OTOH, at least it leaves the art visible! When/ if the hotel is built the art will only be visible from a small angle.

Also- worth noting that this is following the lead of the Hilton Garden Inn / Hampton Inn/ Madison, which had the Madison portion as a skeleton with a clock on it for many years. Maybe this area likes concrete skeletons?

Edited by enicideme

5 hours ago, Urban Cowboy said:

I would turn it into 3 temporary outdoor rock climbing walls. Activate that corner and would be cool to see from 277. Paint the stairwells fun colors to draw attention. Then when it needs to be developed it’s easy to take the hand holds and belay equipment down.

This is a brilliant idea!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:06 PM, KJHburg said:

drive by today and how about this at the 2nd hotel site with the concrete stairtowers how about a prefab unit affordable housing complex?  how many of these stair towers sites will we have in this town?

IMG_4862.JPG

prefab affordable housing would never ever ever pass state housing regulations, this is why we are losing Hall House

Edited by The Real Clayton
  • Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SouthernSkyline said:

Does anyone have any knowledge of a CVS opening here? Maybe the Home2Suites open retail spot? Seems pretty close to other CVS locations if true.

yes either CVS or Walgreens I can't remember but yes a drug store is coming there last I heard.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 3:43 PM, KJHburg said:

The CVS is now open on the ground floor of the Home2Suites hotel by the 5/3 and Starbucks.  I have heard the hotel with the stairwell columns is going to be restarted maybe as a different hotel but still a hotel.  

Compared to this stretch of Stonewall before there was the blank walls of the convention center with just gravel parking lots and the Orange Crush nightclub and the Westin.  This street is much more lively now with the 4 apartments complexes within as many blocks.  

Ah the Wonder Wall I have not taken a photo of it in over a year!   First ;photo is of 2nd Street. 

IMG_6333.JPG

IMG_6335.JPG

IMG_6336.JPG

IMG_6337.JPG

IMG_6338.JPG

IMG_6339.JPG

IMG_6340.JPG

IMG_6341.JPG

Will they reuse the current shell or are they more likely to completely bulldoze the site and start over?

13 minutes ago, SouthernSkyline said:

Will they reuse the current shell or are they more likely to completely bulldoze the site and start over?

Not sure yet those stair towels were planned for a modular hotel with rooms brought in and stacked.

but with the way everything construction has increased maybe they will try to make it work with them. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

When will it start?

My guess would be by this years end or maybe 1st Quarter of 2022.  Hotel construction typically takes about 2 years from groundbreaking to ribbon cutting (Although could be 18 Months since Sitework & Utilities already completed) so the Hotel Opening in late 2023 to Mid 2024 would probably be timedjust right to have rooms ready for occupancy to meet growing demand.  

• Like 1