Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

I'm pumped about the hotel rooms.  The number of possible hotels in this city is awesome:

Crescent Stonewall Hotel I (300-400 rooms) *rooms are according to what I have read in the articles

Crescent Stonewall Hotel Ii (300-400 rooms)

Tryon Place Hotel (300-400 rooms)

300 S. Tryon Hotel (boutique 150 rooms)

Grand Bohemian (150 rooms?)

AC Hotel/Residence Inn (250 rooms total?)

Springhill Suites (150 rooms?)

Canopy by Hilton (150 rooms?)

Not to mention possible expansions of Westin and Hilton, and the renovations of the Marriott, Le Meridien, and Sheraton. Uptown is gaining a large number of rooms.

AC Residence Inn will be 400 total

300 S. Tryon will be 250 rooms

Bohemian will be 200 rooms

Canopy will be 300-400.

Springhill suites will be 250 rooms. 

Also, if there is indeed a Westin expansion it would have to be in Tryon Place with a tube connecting.

Edited by Guest

Can someone clarify where Crescent's plans indicate it will be two hotels with 3-400 rooms EACH? I though it was just 3-400 rooms total possibly between two buildings?

Nope, because it will only be 3-400 rooms total. 

I'm pumped about the hotel rooms.  The number of possible hotels in this city is awesome:

Crescent Stonewall Hotel I (300-400 rooms) *rooms are according to what I have read in the articles

Crescent Stonewall Hotel Ii (300-400 rooms)

Tryon Place Hotel (300-400 rooms)

300 S. Tryon Hotel (boutique 150 rooms)

Grand Bohemian (150 rooms?)

AC Hotel/Residence Inn (250 rooms total?)

Springhill Suites (150 rooms?)

Canopy by Hilton (150 rooms?)

Not to mention possible expansions of Westin and Hilton, and the renovations of the Marriott, Le Meridien, and Sheraton. Uptown is gaining a large number of rooms.

Yeah as mentioned Crescent Stonewall only has 1 totaling 300-400 rooms. Also there is the small boutique going in at Ivey's (maybe??)

Yeah as mentioned Crescent Stonewall only has 1 totaling 300-400 rooms. Also there is the small boutique going in at Ivey's (maybe??)

Actually no, it's supposed to be up to 2 hotels with 3-400 total.

Ahh sorry for the confusion. Thanks for clearing that up RDF. I wonder if that changes the brands of hotels coming to the project. I would expect something like a Loews or Hyatt Regency to have at least 200 rooms.

It's still possible that it's only 1 at 300, though. It's a tough site to fit 3 towers, but it's certainly possible. I've been wondering if they are showing the full site in the rendering, and if the residential tower extends all the way to Caldwell, it doesn't seem to be long enough. The site is 675 at its longest on Caldwell, 335 ft on Stonewall and 500 along the light rail. Edited by Guest

This is the most I have posted since I moved to New York, but...

It seems like Second Ward around the HoF, Arts Campus, and CC is becoming a huge hotel 'hood.  That makes me hope that there is significant destination retail nearby.  Think of all the visitors that are going to want to travel around Uptown.  I appreciate this project even more.

• Like 1

This is the most I have posted since I moved to New York, but...

It seems like Second Ward around the HoF, Arts Campus, and CC is becoming a huge hotel 'hood.  That makes me hope that there is significant destination retail nearby.  Think of all the visitors that are going to want to travel around Uptown.  I appreciate this project even more.

Why haven't we gotten together for drinks yet? Where in NY do you live?

Sounds like the lot on the other side of Stonewall and Caldwell is already seeing a good amount of interest from prospective developers... Per Ely, don't expect it to remain on the market long. I'm sure this Whole Foods anchored development didn't hurt! 

http://cltdevelopment.blogspot.com/2015/02/dirt-is-moving-again-at-stonewall-and-s.html

Sounds like the lot on the other side of Stonewall and Caldwell is already seeing a good amount of interest from prospective developers... Per Ely, don't expect it to remain on the market long. I'm sure this Whole Foods anchored development didn't hurt!

http://cltdevelopment.blogspot.com/2015/02/dirt-is-moving-again-at-stonewall-and-s.html

I'm skeptical Anythig happens there. What could possibly go there?

And any developer who builds something there with poor retail or anything that resembles Mint apartments or Fountain should be shamed.

I think the interest in the parcel would be for medium to long term plans.

What????

Midrise apartment tower base wrapping 8 story parking deck, and another 12 stories high-rise portion above, very similar to the apartment component of Crescent.  Some ground floor retail wrapping the corner.  (pure speculation)

This is a very easy development play in my opinion, leveraging off Whole Foods 1 block away.

I'd like to see office here, but I don't see that happening, unless Portman significantly leases up before construction is complete.

What????

Midrise apartment tower base wrapping 8 story parking deck, and another 12 stories high-rise portion above, very similar to the apartment component of Crescent. Some ground floor retail wrapping the corner. (pure speculation)

This is a very easy development play in my opinion, leveraging off Whole Foods 1 block away.

I'd like to see office here, but I don't see that happening, unless Portman significantly leases up before construction is complete.

So another 400 units of apartments? If there are any casualties, I hope it's Skyhouse II.

Hopefully any developer would be as forward thinking as Crescent

I think besides the Tryon Place projects, very few/none condo towers will go up in Charlotte, no matter how strong this economic cycle is.

I DO think that several apartment towers convert some/all units to condo at some point.

Vue, Catalyst, Museum Tower, Skyhouse (1 condo tower and 1 apartment tower maybe) maybe even The Mint.

Personally, Skyhouse 2 is pretty high on my wish-list, given the positive momentm it would give to North Tryon.  South Tryon has enough momentum that if one of these projects don't happen this year, no big deal in the long term.

• Like 2

What????

Midrise apartment tower base wrapping 8 story parking deck, and another 12 stories high-rise portion above, very similar to the apartment component of Crescent.  Some ground floor retail wrapping the corner.  (pure speculation)

I worry about the access on this site... you have a right in-right out only on two sides, and interstate ramps on the other two.  Stonewall/Caldwell was built to almost suburban interstate collector standards making walkabilty (street crossability) dubious at best.

I worry about the access on this site... you have a right in-right out only on two sides, and interstate ramps on the other two.  Stonewall/Caldwell was built to almost suburban interstate collector standards making walkabilty (street crossability) dubious at best.

That intersection is probably my most hated inside the 277 loop. The size and geometry is ridiculous, as is the signaling. The NASCAR hash crosswalks are a taunting reminder that the intersection is way, way too big. 

Don't fret boys and girls, I'm working on creating a rendering for the new view from 277. 

Here is progress thus far, Just in case I don't have to work on this weekend.

post-17104-0-46426900-1423847172_thumb.j

Please note I have not seen a view from this angle. This is what I believe the site will look like... I think the hotel will be facing the highway attached to the parking deck, no clue where the second one will be.

Edited by Guest

Don't fret boys and girls, I'm working on creating a rendering for the new view from 277.

Here is progress thus far, Just in case I don't have to work on this weekend.

GoingDown277.jpg

Please note I have not seen a view from this angle. This is what I believe the site will look like... I think the hotel will be facing the highway attached to the parking deck, no clue where the second one will be.

Love it! Are you gonna add the Museum Tower? Too bad this picture is old and doesn't have Element built Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Love it! Are you gonna add the Museum Tower? Too bad this picture is old and doesn't have Element built

There will only be a very small sliver visible from this angle. Keep in mind its behind and to the right of Wells. 

Edited by Guest