Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arcturus

GR Pic Is a Bit Out of Date, No?

5 posts in this topic

I was thinking about doing this! I have recently started using Wikipedia and was wondering what the rules are for using drones in the area. I believe my friend could assist me with the drone part but I need to do some reading on regulations first. I wanted to take a similar picture but wanted to include the River House and Bridgewater in some way.

1 person likes this

Referring to the cityscape pic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Rapids,_Michigan

God yes,  I have long thought the "riverfront scape" has long been a disservice to the actual cityscape.  It's like "here's Grand Rapid, come and look at both of our buildings".  But when shown a different view, usually from the hills of the west side, even people from town can get fooled into thinking they are looking at a different city.  

It would be cool to get an updated night shot from this vantage point, when the leaves are back on the trees. Looks like in addition to RH, the children's hospital is missing and so is the big lit up "feature" on top of McKay. :)

I was thinking about doing this! I have recently started using Wikipedia and was wondering what the rules are for using drones in the area. I believe my friend could assist me with the drone part but I need to do some reading on regulations first. I wanted to take a similar picture but wanted to include the River House and Bridgewater in some way.

Sorry for going off-topic, but just now I happened to watch a pretty cool video (via FYGR) on the Westminster Church restoration.  Most of the exterior shots are by drone, and the videography looks fantastic.

4 people like this