GR Pic Is a Bit Out of Date, No?

arcturus

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about doing this! I have recently started using Wikipedia and was wondering what the rules are for using drones in the area. I believe my friend could assist me with the drone part but I need to do some reading on regulations first. I wanted to take a similar picture but wanted to include the River House and Bridgewater in some way.

Referring to the cityscape pic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Rapids,_Michigan

God yes,  I have long thought the "riverfront scape" has long been a disservice to the actual cityscape.  It's like "here's Grand Rapid, come and look at both of our buildings".  But when shown a different view, usually from the hills of the west side, even people from town can get fooled into thinking they are looking at a different city.  

I was thinking about doing this! I have recently started using Wikipedia and was wondering what the rules are for using drones in the area. I believe my friend could assist me with the drone part but I need to do some reading on regulations first. I wanted to take a similar picture but wanted to include the River House and Bridgewater in some way.

Sorry for going off-topic, but just now I happened to watch a pretty cool video (via FYGR) on the Westminster Church restoration.  Most of the exterior shots are by drone, and the videography looks fantastic.

Archived