Matthews Bridge Replacement Ideas

vladittude0583

Given that they're now planning a new design for a replacement of the Matthews Bridge, I've always wanted a design similar to the bridge they have in sidney australia which I think is a nice looking bridge. Just think what kind of symbol that would be for Jacksonville. It would definitely make the city more noticeable I think to have a bridge similar to that which is really nice!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Yes, I'm hoping they don't opt for a boring concrete bridge like the Fuller Warren. That's kinda bland.

Whatever they build, I want them to include room for a transit lane, so that some kind of rail or something could be extended to Arlington. Kinda how there is a Skyway lane on the Acosta.

I was looking at a DOT website a while back (If I remember the site, I'll post it). All of the proposals included two transit lanes (one in each direction), and none were like the Fuller Warren (If I remember, they were cable stayed, similar to the dames point).

If you think about it, you probably have to have some structure to the bridge, in order to have a wide clearance for ships (which is not a concern around the Fuller Warren).

Archived