• Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

screen shot it below for you

On 12/18/2015 at 7:08 PM, urbanvb said:
24 minutes ago, Arctic_Tern said:

I Have no idea how to delete quotes 

24 minutes ago, Arctic_Tern said:

Could you post more detailed information? I can't access thou shalt grow on the computer I'm currently at.

screen.PNG

On 1/21/2016 at 9:06 AM, Si7i said:

screen shot it below for you

screen.PNG

That is a great renovation building, I always imagined it was a tear down or better yet a fall down building, but it is good to see that it will be getting new life. It is really nice to see my dream of Fort Norfolk becoming Norfolk's lofts district is really starting to become more and more of a reality.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank God! Been waiting for years for this eyesore to be transformed. 

I hope they have an artist and some lighting experts do something with that mixing tower up there. Whatever the heck that was, forgive my ignorance. I forget now, but it was probably a cold or dry storage or warehouse building or something much as was Harborplace back in the day. 

However, it still pains me that those wonderful brick, low-slung cotton warehouses were demolished along the waterfront over there. They were awesome. 

http://pilotonline.com/business/real-estate/preservationists-mourn-norfolk-warehouses-fate/article_0ed6ffef-732f-5a9f-808f-5819a5124514.html

In fairness those renderings were preliminary, watercolored, and not very detailed. Hard to get a feel for the final product off of that. I think what baobabs was looking for was something more along the lines of the River Tower rendering, or the final Hilton renderings.

33 minutes ago, vdogg said:

In fairness those renderings were preliminary, watercolored, and not very detailed. Hard to get a feel for the final product off of that. I think what baobabs was looking for was something more along the lines of the River Tower rendering, or the final Hilton renderings.

Right. I was hoping so anyway. I'm sure this thing had to pass design review, so there should be something more detailed floating around out there somewhere. Perhaps nothing we can access, however.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Kinda wish they had done more with the exterior, but I'm sure they can only alternate so much and still keep historic tax credits. It's hard to just paint over old concrete without it still looking like old concrete.  A new brick exterior would've done wonders in this case. Still better than what was there initially.

Archived