222 2nd Ave. South, 25 Stories|305 Feet, 391,000 sq. ft., $100 million

Paramount747

The one thing I keep hearing that is delaying some of the projects start is the fact that codes is slammed, NES is slammed, and public works is slammed with all of the utility work that has to be done prior to start. Things like disconnecting the water, power, and gas. Not only does it have to be turned off, it has to be totally disconnected.

So, a number of these delays are not the fault of the developer.

• Like 1

The one thing I keep hearing that is delaying some of the projects start is the fact that codes is slammed, NES is slammed, and public works is slammed with all of the utility work that has to be done prior to start. Things like disconnecting the water, power, and gas. Not only does it have to be turned off, it has to be totally disconnected.

So, a number of these delays are not the fault of the developer.

So are we talking a week or a few weeks? Any idea?  I know it may be hard to judge.

Are you sure this isn't Nashville's notorious fear of heights causing the powers that be to get cold feet? :o

Although he has Hines and GSP, he has never done a development let alone a 25 story 305 foot building before. That is my only concern. It's like going from high school football to the NFL. No football player has ever done that, and I don't know of any developer whose first building is a major large scale project. Even Tony was involved with low rise shopping centers in Florida before he moved up here.

Although he has Hines and GSP, he has never done a development let alone a 25 story 305 foot building before. That is my only concern. It's like going from high school football to the NFL. No football player has ever done that, and I don't know of any developer whose first building is a major large scale project. Even Tony was involved with low rise shopping centers in Florida before he moved up here.

How much of a nerd am I to know who "Tony" is. But lets root for'em! And....see what else he proposes.

I think it may happen at some point, but I am not as optimistic as some others on the forum. I am so excited 505 is starting.  That is a focal interest of mine. This is another 25 story building, another sub 400 foot building, and another glass box. Nice in itself, but nothing to get me as excited as I am with The Sobro, Bridgestone, and 505. Those are all unique buildings. It may be another year before the JW Marriott starts.

Edited by Paramount747

• dmillsphoto changed the title to Michael Hayes Tower|24 Stories|305 Feet|Site Prep
^^I think what would have really helped the design would have been to go ahead and have retail/restaurants for 2 stories instead of one...which would help to draw the pedestrian eye away from the huge garage wall.

Hard to rent two story retail. Very hard.