222 2nd Ave. South, 25 Stories|305 Feet, 391,000 sq. ft., $100 million

Paramount747

From a Facebook friend who's an architect with Gresham Smith:

"The renderings are intentionally vague. The cartoon nature of them was intentional.

There is a lot of subtlety in the facade that people will be pleased with. The parking will be clad in

some really awesome panels. The ground floor is all retail and entertainment. The sky deck overlooking the

the amphitheater will be a hot ticket."

"Above grade parking is the norm on this side of town. Besides, since we have no real alternative

transportation whatsoever we necessitate huge parking demand at any office.

Square office buildings are leasable and market driven. You aren't going to get curved zoomy stuff right now

because sites that allow large plate buildings are still available."

I tend to believe this.  We are still going to get the box, but it will be an exciting box.

• Like 2

I'm not understanding how that building could be San Francisco's when the article clearly says nashville

Pretty sure that's the design for 222 2nd St in San Fran.  Just happens to have the same address, I guess, as Nashville...so that outlet must have gotten the designs mixed up.  Pretty sure that's not our design...especially since it's taller than the one supposedly being built in Nashville.

• 1 month later...

If this project does well for Hines, I wouldn't dare doubt they'd want to go something big and completely spec. They've got a track record of doing that and always filling space up. They're largest project now is 609 Main at Texas in downtown Houston, 48 floors, just under 1.1mil sq ft of office space. We'd unlikely see something that size but at least half to 3/4 for sure.

Edited by NashRugger

The article appears to be in error on the location. The site has been reported as Demonbreun and First Avenue.

Fifth and Demonbreun is where the CMHOF/Schermerhorn/Arena Park and underground parking garage/future Bridgestone tower all sit.