222 2nd Ave. South, 25 Stories|305 Feet, 391,000 sq. ft., $100 million

Paramount747

• 1 month later...

Universal Music Group signed a lease today for an undisclosed amount of space at the 222 2nd Ave. South Building.  I believe the structure is now at least 80% leased.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/06/20/record-label-signs-its-own-deal-in-a-new-downtown.html?ana=twt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Universal Music Group signed a lease today for an undisclosed amount of space at the 222 2nd Ave. South Building.  I believe the structure is now at least 80% leased.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/06/20/record-label-signs-its-own-deal-in-a-new-downtown.html?ana=twt

So, you have both Universal and Warner Music taking space downtown, even while new office space is opening and more under development on Music Row.      I have to think the CBD space goes for more per sq. ft. than Music Row (but I could be wrong about that).      Does this say something about the way the industry is changing or is it simply a function of firms needing space now and finding it available downtown?   

I

37 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

So, you have both Universal and Warner Music taking space downtown, even while new office space is opening and more under development on Music Row.      I have to think the CBD space goes for more per sq. ft. than Music Row (but I could be wrong about that).      Does this say something about the way the industry is changing or is it simply a function of firms needing space now and finding it available downtown?   

Personally, I think it has to do with more options for entertaining and interacting  with their clients. More restaurants, hotels and music venues than on Music Row.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2

I agree. Speaking of Atlanta, I traveled there a couple of weekends ago to visit friends and had the chance to visit Ponce City Market. It reminded me a lot of what it looks like we'll be getting with 5th + Broadway in regards to the retail, or  at least I hope so because it was an absolutely beautiful development.  Here's also to hoping for some more affordable options. 

Wi02zG3.jpg&key=c62a599e71ad4a5516972bf2a5d7098e06e4f13a2e21a51c6cb44b5bd5e5f9fc

I agree as well! This is a truly excellent place to visit, and a great trail to walk on behind it! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That would be nice to have... pockets of entertainment activity downtown. Much of the area inside the loop are heading in that direction.

Where might those places be? N'ville Yards? RMH Trolley Barns? South Gulch? North Gulch/Capital View? Obviously Division & 8th?  Right now they've got the beginnings but not critical mass.

I think the theater in Yards is going to kick that area into high gear.  

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

^^^  I've spent some time in Spaces on the 17th floor and eaten lunch on the plaza.  The building has Fooda bring a different restaurant in for lunch every day.  The views from that building and the plaza are a mix of buildings and hills.  What event was this?

From the NBJ piece that these photos accompanied, Working The Room... 

Working the Room features business and networking photos from across Nashville. Today's edition, available in the slideshow with this story, features an event Gresham Smith’s rooftop terrace as part of the 2018 International Low Impact Development Conference and more.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Tennessean article states they targeting $15 for lunch and $20 for dinner. If this is the case, this will be incredible! That menu sounds amazing!

Back in the day, we had the Stockyard and Ellendale's. Today we have everything from Husk to Kayne Prime and Bourbon Steak and the list goes on and on..... 

• Like 1