222 2nd Ave. South, 25 Stories|305 Feet, 391,000 sq. ft., $100 million

Paramount747

The article appears to be in error on the location. The site has been reported as Demonbreun and First Avenue.

Fifth and Demonbreun is where the CMHOF/Schermerhorn/Arena Park and underground parking garage/future Bridgestone tower all sit.

Ahh good. Someone else saw it as 5th and Demonbreun. Thought I was going crazy...

• Like 1

From today's Tennessean:

"Houston-based developer Hines and locally based C.B. Ragland will seek site plan approval for their 222 2nd building after previously getting concept plan approval. "It's further refining what we've already submitted," C.B. Ragland President Michael Hayes said about the 24-story mixed-used tower planned for SoBro."

I had not seen this schematic cutaway for this tower. I just hope the first nine floors don't look like a garage. It's also going to pretty much block out the views for most of the SoBro units. I didn't even know about the little building it will wrap around at the corner. The article implies that the design is finished.  So let's see it Mr. Hayes.  https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/3/3/mdha_approves_design_for_proposed_sobro_tower 

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-03%20at%2011.53.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

Still needs to go through MDHA design and review committee. Another sub 300 foot office building. A disappointment like Gulch Crossing, and 1201 Demonbreun in regards to height, but beggars cannot be choosers as they say.

Looks like The Bridgestone is our only 400+ footer for a long while unless we get Paramount 747. At least 460 feet will be skyline defining and our 3rd tallest building.

It's difficult to have sculpture in architecture with such a low rise building, but we shall see. I hope this is not just another glass box.

When will one of these developers other than Tony giarantana have the guts to build a real skyscraper in this city. I'm so tired of all these 20 story buildings. I want Nashville's skyline to look a big city skyline. Nashville is booming now so let's build a skyline were people when driving by on I-40 or I-65 can be amazed and tell others about how awesome it is.

• Like 1

When will one of these developers other than Tony giarantana have the guts to build a real skyscraper in this city. I'm so tired of all these 20 story buildings. I want Nashville's skyline to look a big city skyline. Nashville is booming now so let's build a skyline were people when driving by on I-40 or I-65 can be amazed and tell others about how awesome it is.

I am under the belief now it will never happen. Tony missed his opportunity, and so did Bridgestone. They could have gone for 600 feet and chose not too.  Nashville will never have a building taller than the ATT Tower. Nashville is just not a skyscraper city. We are a Lower Broadway kind of city. Tourists don't care about skyscrapers, only cowboy boots and Bar- B-Que.

I do know there are two prime parcels in the CDB, that could be torn down and a new tallest built. Those two lots are on Commerce, one at 5th and the other at 4th.

Both of the lots are either a surface lot or a garage. The one on 4th has offices at the top, but it would be no real loss to demolish that garage or the garage that is behing the surface lot at 5th & Commerce.

That is our next best shot.

• Like 1

I do know there are two prime parcels in the CDB, that could be torn down and a new tallest built. Those two lots are on Commerce, one at 5th and the other at 4th.

Both of the lots are either a surface lot or a garage. The one on 4th has offices at the top, but it would be no real loss to demolish that garage or the garage that is behing the surface lot at 5th & Commerce.

So...would the next tallest HAVE to be in the CBD?  Will the city not eventually loosen height restrictions on SoBro, The Gulch or Midtown?

I'm rooting for a 432 Park Avenue clone at the surface lot on Church between St. Cloud's Corner and Cornerstone Square. Put a guitar on top, we're good to go.

So...would the next tallest HAVE to be in the CBD?  Will the city not eventually loosen height restrictions on SoBro, The Gulch or Midtown?

You could probably get away with this in the Bridgestone HQ cluster but plopping down something taller than the AT&T Building in the current Gulch or Midtown skylines would look out of place.

I've heard Green Hills likes height, though.

• Like 1

I'm rooting for a 432 Park Avenue clone at the surface lot on Church between St. Cloud's Corner and Cornerstone Square. Put a guitar on top, we're good to go.

You could probably get away with this in the Bridgestone HQ cluster but plopping down something taller than the AT&T Building in the current Gulch or Midtown skylines would look out of place.

I was thinking more in the "far future."

And yes...Green Hills would be perfect for a 1000 footer! 

My office on 6th would be in perpetual shadow.  :ermm:   Still, I'd love to see something replace that surface lot.

Ugh.  That thing is so ridiculous and awkward looking, in my opinion.  Plus, they tore down this beauty in order to build it:

MI-BA684_REALDE_DV_20100105223320.jpg

I guess Nashville isn't the only city with historic preservation issues! 

• Like 3

I can't believe I am saying this, but that one is "too tall", especially for the small sit upon which it sits.  But frankly, the exterior is boring.  Real estate (especially condos) in NYC are so ridiculously expensive these days, that lots of foreign billionaires are buying them but never living in them.  They are a refuge investment from their own countries. 

Dozens of those pre-war masonry high rises are being demo'd in Manhattan... the latest is a project on the corner just across Vanderbilt Place from the south entrance of Grand Central Station... I think that's 42nd Street.  Anyway... it's a pair of early 20th Century buildings.  Parts of NYC are already so so so bland... and I'm not referring just to the stretch of Avenue of Americas west of Rockefeller Center (actually technically a part of R.C.).