222 2nd Ave. South, 25 Stories|305 Feet, 391,000 sq. ft., $100 million

Paramount747

Paradigm Artist Agency will be moving from the Lohan Building in the Gulch to and begin leasing an entire floor of the 222 2nd Ave. building, which will be about 50% more space than they currently have. This brings the total of leased space up to 35%. About 250,000 sq. ft. are still available.  If Merrill Lynch moves in (negotiations look good), they will take another floor, and put it at about 40% full. Some new tenants will begin moving in the new structure in September, and most will be making their transitions in the fourth quarter.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/02/22/hollywood-talent-agency-expands-to-riverfront-high.html

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

The design to me is forgettable, but not bad, and the fact that it will, supposedly, include some real Grade A retail at it's base fronting the park is huge, in my opinion.  

And if we could get 2nd Ave Partners' structure with retail next to it...that area would suddenly be hoppin!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, titanhog said:

And if we could get 2nd Ave Partners' structure with retail next to it...that area would suddenly be hoppin!

Rip down the ugly red XO Communications building next and put a 5-story "diner like" building with tons of windows facing the Amphitheater and 1st Ave will be amazing.

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I don't care for the curtain wall. I took this shot yesterday as I was walking, and the more I see this building, the less I like it. Sorry Michael Hayes, but this is uninspired architecture, and it seems we are getting way too much of this. I know you probably didn't have too much say, but Hines should know better. The more Gresham Smith does in this city the worse things get. All of the work they are doing now is so 90's and they need to fire all of the current architects and hire new forward thinking people. The HCA/Parallon HQ and the Lifeway building are prime examples. I was talking to a few that work in the HCA building, and the feeling among the employees is that the interior is "cold".

MZD5PDz.jpg

Tinted glass around the garage and this thing would have been great to look at. This will be the worst highrise in the city. 

• Like 4

On 2/24/2017 at 2:19 PM, titanhog said:

Yep.  That's ALL they had to do to make this structure somewhat inviting.  But instead, they took a box and added stripes.

The garage covering is a total fail.   You have to avert your eyes to avoid the headache it induces.     Not only is it horrible, it's so prominent on the riverfront and will be the permanent backdrop to Ascend.   Can we start a petition to stop it?    Help!           

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

I drove by this morning and tried to do a quick floor count; I got 24 floors. Can anyone else confirm if this has reached the top? 

The rumor is that they are now going to add 3 more floors...up to 27...though we've never gotten confirmation on that.

• Like 2