222 2nd Ave. South, 25 Stories|305 Feet, 391,000 sq. ft., $100 million

Paramount747

From The Tennessean:

The developers of the 222 office tower that's rising in the area south of Broadway are seeking approval for a ground-mounted monument sign that will include the name of the building and spaces for names of tenants.

On Tuesday, Houston-based Hines and local C.B. Ragland Co. also plan to present skyline, canopy and pedestrian parking signage to the Metro Development and Housing Agency's design review committee.

Nashville-based Gresham Smith and Partners is the architecture and interior design firm and will also be an anchor tenant for the building that's rising at 222 2nd Ave. S. In addition to office space, the 25-story, 390,000-square foot tower will include 25,000 square feet of ground-level retail and restaurant space.

222 2nd Ave South signage, April, 2017.png

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 9:21 PM, MLBrumby said:

That second pic is amazing. I would not know that city if I had not followed all that's going on there. 

OK... ATT tower would have been a giveaway. 

I would probably think some other city had built a building just like the ATT tower if I saw that picture and hadn't been following what's going on.

Edited by Philip
  • Like 2

It just doesn't flow at all. To me it looks like two separate companies designed the building and parking garage. Or that the garage was built and then years later the tower added up top. I could tolerate the building if it was hidden downtown, but not on the riverfront. Such a waste of a highly visible spot.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

It just doesn't flow at all. To me it looks like two separate companies designed the building and parking garage. Or that the garage was built and then years later the tower added up top. I could tolerate the building if it was hidden downtown, but not on the riverfront. Such a waste of a highly visible spot.  

222 and Encore should swap locations

• Like 1

25 floors + Mechanical Penthouse - to my understanding.

OK, so I am a bit confused. The media and subsequent documentation had indicated that they were including extra floors... up to at least 27 floors I believe. I believe I could go back and retrieve the articles if I researched further. Is this not true? Is there anyone here who can confirm this? I remember it seemed like a done deal at the time.

3 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Oh wow! A double blow... you no longer have a skyline view (bad enough), but now you're forced to look at that damn zebra-stripe-piano-keys-cheesy-trailer-park siding. 

If there is a silver-lining, it is I hope that whatever is on ground level is something amazing.  Not fond of spending close to $20 for lunch on something like at The Southern or The Diner.  Fingers crossed.  

• Like 3