Paramount747

222 2nd Ave. South/Hines/Hayes Office Tower, 25 Stories|305 Feet, 391,000 sq. ft., $100 million

titanhog    6402
1 hour ago, LA_TN said:

And that's the sad part: for that location, it would have been incredibly cool if the zebra pattern was instead a piano keyboard (if tastefully designed)

Yes...something subtle like the keyboard on the front of the CMHoF.

MLBrumby    3707

I know! I know! There's no shortage of comments about this building. Overall it's a really big miss. But that street level looks quite promising. So as long as you don't look up, it's fine. (About to say something rarely said here) At least it's not taller. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Tim29tn    166

Maybe they can wrap the garage with some kind of electronic billboards. I love the glass and the street activation this is gonna have.

• Like 2

TNinVB    1015

I will admit that I like the way the mullions on the curtain wall look, especially the corners. I f you look at the corner of the building in the above picture, the mullions give the building a staggered affect. I you stare at it long enough you will see what I mean. Just don't stare at the garage to long. I'm still seeing lines in my vision.

On a side note, I'm guessing it's safe to say that this building won't have any sort of exterior lighting on the facade??

Edited by TNinVB

henburg    204

The glass treatment along with the garage covering is just way too much. One or the other would work well enough, but the effect of them together is pretty garish. This is a building that actually could have benefited from a smooth glass facade like most of the other highrises going up around the city. 

• Like 1

bigeasy    995

Not sure a building can get as boxy as this one. But at least we have a building on the riverfront that represents Nashville architecture.

CenterHill    2367
4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Pharmacy Burger to open a locale in 222 2nd Ave. South Tower:

To be called Liberty Common and modeled after Balthazar in London.        Sounds great!     

• Like 2