222 2nd Ave. South, 25 Stories|305 Feet, 391,000 sq. ft., $100 million

Paramount747

Just face it with resolve.  Nashville's simply going to have a lot of old buildings one day that are all going to look "period"-oriented, as if they were an excavated layer formed from some "Mesozoic Era".  Then the urban planning analysts can all look back and figure out again what we all have been knowing as contemporaries.

• Like 1

I don't understand why the developer couldn't at least just put in the same glass around the garage portion and tinted it.  There's no way they could've looked at this final product design and came away impressed with themselves. Its a cheap way out and a slap in the face to the beautiful developing SoBro skyline. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tim29tn said:

I don't understand why the developer couldn't at least just put in the same glass around the garage portion and tinted it.  There's no way they could've looked at this final product design and came away impressed with themselves. Its a cheap way out and a slap in the face to the beautiful developing SoBro skyline. 

At least it has something around the garage portion.  Unlike some buildings in the Gulch.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I sort of think of this building as the beach house which all the college kids rent because it's large, cheaply built, on the water, and ugly. That unattractive parking garage is also like the barren yard where cars are haphazardly parked at all times of the day/night. And that's quite some party deck overlooking the amphitheater. I guess that will be sold as one of the perks to would-be tenants. I wonder if "free tickets" to the annual 7/4 fireworks are still part of the deal... now that they've been moved to the 200 Mall. 

• Like 3