Paramount747

Hines/Hayes Office Tower|24 Stories|305 Feet|U/C

602 posts in this topic

Just face it with resolve.  Nashville's simply going to have a lot of old buildings one day that are all going to look "period"-oriented, as if they were an excavated layer formed from some "Mesozoic Era".  Then the urban planning analysts can all look back and figure out again what we all have been knowing as contemporaries.

1 person likes this

It's a really bland building... bland, but in an ugly way.  It just looms over the park.  Good thing the park is there, or there'd be these things all the way to the river. 

2 people like this

I don't understand why the developer couldn't at least just put in the same glass around the garage portion and tinted it.  There's no way they could've looked at this final product design and came away impressed with themselves. Its a cheap way out and a slap in the face to the beautiful developing SoBro skyline. 

4 people like this

7 minutes ago, Tim29tn said:

I don't understand why the developer couldn't at least just put in the same glass around the garage portion and tinted it.  There's no way they could've looked at this final product design and came away impressed with themselves. Its a cheap way out and a slap in the face to the beautiful developing SoBro skyline. 

At least it has something around the garage portion.  Unlike some buildings in the Gulch.

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, japan said:

At least it has something around the garage portion.  Unlike some buildings in the Gulch.

True, but make it look decent if the garage is above ground. Especially right there facing 1st.

^ So am I understanding this right; 222 which was to be 24 stories and 305' is now adding 3 more floors to 27 stories, and roughly be the same height as SoBro?

Edited by L'burgnative
2 people like this

^^I really wish the glass was going to be covering the garage as well.

1 person likes this

I sort of think of this building as the beach house which all the college kids rent because it's large, cheaply built, on the water, and ugly. That unattractive parking garage is also like the barren yard where cars are haphazardly parked at all times of the day/night. And that's quite some party deck overlooking the amphitheater. I guess that will be sold as one of the perks to would-be tenants. I wonder if "free tickets" to the annual 7/4 fireworks are still part of the deal... now that they've been moved to the 200 Mall. 

3 people like this

You have to park the cars somewhere and underground isn't practical by the river.

How well you can hide a garage gets down to budget.

3 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

You have to park the cars somewhere and underground isn't practical by the river.

How well you can hide a garage gets down to budget.

Or...how much the city is willing to let you get away with when it comes to design.

1 person likes this

Yes, the city could crack down a lot harder on garage design. There are cities where a garage must blend into the overall design more and look just like the office floors, like  Bridgestone.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, L'burgnative said:

Heck; if they can add 3 floors to this building and be structurally okay then why can't that be done to Bridgestone?

Perhaps this building's original design included the "option" of three additional floors.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

I wonder if "free tickets" to the annual 7/4 fireworks are still part of the deal... now that they've been moved to the 200 Mall. 

Fourth of July fireworks show is still downtown along the river.  It's the New Year's Eve show that was moved to Bicentennial Mall.  

3 people like this

22 minutes ago, RonCamp said:

Some great retail is slated for the bottom of 222.  I agree the garage wrap leaves much to be desired, but I am excited about the fact that the streetscape is activated almost all the way around the building.  

Is it gonna be a lot of retail? and what kind?

If we can activate the street with this project and then the 2nd Ave Partners two-tower development, suddenly 1st Ave may pull some people from Broadway.

4 people like this

On 2/17/2017 at 11:05 AM, Nashtitans said:

Is it gonna be a lot of retail? and what kind?

Can't say too much yet, but there are two separate F&B concepts in the works, one which will connect into the lobby.

3 people like this