Paramount747

Hines/Hayes Office Tower|24 Stories|305 Feet|U/C

493 posts in this topic

Paradigm Artist Agency will be moving from the Lohan Building in the Gulch to and begin leasing an entire floor of the 222 2nd Ave. building, which will be about 50% more space than they currently have. This brings the total of leased space up to 35%. About 250,000 sq. ft. are still available.  If Merrill Lynch moves in (negotiations look good), they will take another floor, and put it at about 40% full. Some new tenants will begin moving in the new structure in September, and most will be making their transitions in the fourth quarter.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/02/22/hollywood-talent-agency-expands-to-riverfront-high.html

2 people like this

The design to me is forgettable, but not bad, and the fact that it will, supposedly, include some real Grade A retail at it's base fronting the park is huge, in my opinion.  

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

The design to me is forgettable, but not bad, and the fact that it will, supposedly, include some real Grade A retail at it's base fronting the park is huge, in my opinion.  

And if we could get 2nd Ave Partners' structure with retail next to it...that area would suddenly be hoppin!

2 people like this

48 minutes ago, titanhog said:

And if we could get 2nd Ave Partners' structure with retail next to it...that area would suddenly be hoppin!

Rip down the ugly red XO Communications building next and put a 5-story "diner like" building with tons of windows facing the Amphitheater and 1st Ave will be amazing.

^ Is that the giant building with the blank brick wall that ruins the skyline shots taken from the bridge? If so, I'm all for that.

44 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

^ Is that the giant building with the blank brick wall that ruins the skyline shots taken from the bridge? If so, I'm all for that.

I think that's the AT&T building.  Not sure what all is in there, though.

Wow that does look horrible! Gotta love the corners people take to save some money here and there. 

1 person likes this

Eeek. From that angle it does look rough. Maybe it will be an instance where if you squint and turn around three times fast it will look better?

1 person likes this

Horrid. There is no design coherence whatsoever between the garage facade and office facade.

Oh man this reminds me of the American Dream mall in NJ! Great way to showcase Nashville river front.

American Dream mall NJ.jpg

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I don't care for the curtain wall. I took this shot yesterday as I was walking, and the more I see this building, the less I like it. Sorry Michael Hayes, but this is uninspired architecture, and it seems we are getting way too much of this. I know you probably didn't have too much say, but Hines should know better. The more Gresham Smith does in this city the worse things get. All of the work they are doing now is so 90's and they need to fire all of the current architects and hire new forward thinking people. The HCA/Parallon HQ and the Lifeway building are prime examples. I was talking to a few that work in the HCA building, and the feeling among the employees is that the interior is "cold".

MZD5PDz.jpg

Tinted glass around the garage and this thing would have been great to look at. This will be the worst highrise in the city. 

3 people like this

Wtf is that? Zebra stripes??

1 person likes this

It's the skyscraper equivalent to aluminum siding on a cinder block shed. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Tim29tn said:

Tinted glass around the garage and this thing would have been great to look at. This will be the worst highrise in the city. 

Yep.  That's ALL they had to do to make this structure somewhat inviting.  But instead, they took a box and added stripes.

6 hours ago, ZestyEd said:

Oh man this reminds me of the American Dream mall in NJ! Great way to showcase Nashville river front.

American Dream mall NJ.jpg

Oh the Humanity!

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

It's the skyscraper equivalent to aluminum siding on a cinder block shed. 

LMAO!!!  This is the quote of the day!

1 person likes this