222 2nd Ave. South, 25 Stories|305 Feet, 391,000 sq. ft., $100 million

Paramount747

222 2nd Ave. South update.  Up to the  23rd floor now. 

Looking NE from corner of 4th Ave. South and KVB:

222 2nd Ave 1, Mar 12, 2017.jpg

Looking north along First Ave. South from intersection with KVB:

222 2nd Ave 2, Mar 12, 2017.jpg

Looking south along First Ave. South north of intersection with Demonbreun:

222 2nd Ave 3, Mar 12, 2017.jpg

Looking NE from parking lot near 3rd Ave. South and Molloy:

222 2nd Ave 4, Mar 12, 2017.jpg

• Like 4

I was seeing the same thing. I looks the same height as Pinnacle. 

That is an optical illusion because of the closer proximity of the building to the drone's camera. If you notice towards the final seconds of the footage of 222, you'll notice that it begins to appear shorter than the other towers surrounding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Again, I think we need to remember that ~40 feet is really a very small difference in height for two skyscrapers, and that Bridgestone appearing around the same height as the Pinnacle is consistent since the Bridgestone is set back from Pinnacle in the video. The Bridgestone was never going to loom over Pinnacle. 

• Like 1

43 feet is a significant enough difference to be very apparent from flat perspectives. The Sobro is 72ft. shorter than the Pinnacle (if the Pinnacle is in fact actually only 417ft. tall) and that difference is very apparent, perspective or not. Sorry guys, but I'm not buying the "optical illusion" argument--either the Bridgestone is shorter than listed or the Pinnacle is taller than we've thought.

54 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Makes me wonder if the Pinnacle listed height is without the crown.

The Pinnacle roof height is listed at 417ft. I don't know if that includes the crown or just up to the top floor. SSP did list the height as 435ft I'm not sure if that's correct. Are there any actual diagrams of the building online?

Edited by Salbato