3344 Peachtree - The Sovereign

ATLman1

Tower Place's developers plan to raise the tallest building in the metro area since 1992: a soaring, 47-story tower of office suites, sky-high condos and the first restaurant from Pano Karatassos since 2001. The big-city concept is taking hold here, and it's likely to reshape, and lift, the metro skyline. Condos cost between $550,000 and $4 million

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tower place consists of 4 buildings (three built /one proposed)

Buckhead Grand - built

303732.jpg

Tower Place 100 - built

236067.jpg

Tower Place 200 - built

262363.jpg

Tower Place 400 - well I cant find any pictures but it has 24 floors

and

3344 peachtree is in the proposed stage and a picture of it can be found in the Business section of Wednesday (today) may 25 - Atlanta Journal Constitution

Nevermind that, I just snagged this off of AJC.com

image_1549646.jpg

This building is magnificent

The only thing that concerns me about this building is the current office vacancy rate as well as another large tower being built by Cousins in Buckhead. I know Atlanta is growing by leaps and bounds, but I hope the developers will add carefully to the market.

Passed that, the building is huge and pretty damn cool.

I agree with that - many forget that Buckhead is just an edge city.  It isn't urban & it lacks the infrastructure for urbanity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some of you kill me when you don't want to consider Buckhead, urban or city. When driving up Peachtree Rd. you always see people walking all hours of the night in Buckhead and not Midtown. Atlantan's who have an attitude with Buckhead, need to realize that Buckhead in a lot of aspects is what tourists and locals want to go to, and be apart of: from the party-goers, to the wealthy men and women that come to he city. Your urban downtown and midtown doesn't have that much to offer except for a couple of parks and a few historic sites, but you can also find that in buckhead. Your best restaurants and retail is in buckhead. Lord knows the only LV or Armani you would find in your urban downtown and midtown is going to be fake. Have pride in buckhead, it is to at least most tourists the best Atlanta has to offer. If this skyscraper were to be built in midtown, you would praise it, but since it's in buckhead, some of you have an envious attitude to a building that runs circles as far as design and height of 1180 Peachtree. Let us not be so ignorant when talking about the neighborhoods off Peachtree. Midtown and Buckhead are very similar, get in a car and you would see that this is true. The main difference is that when you drive futher away from Peachtree in Buckhead you start to see the mega-mansions of Buckhead. Most tourists who see Atlanta, see downtown, midtown, and buckhead as the Atlanta downtown skyline. Just like when I moved here 9 months ago, I noticed the gaps with the skyscrapers, but I still felt it was all apart of one big city.

I think Teshadoh was referring to the lack of urbanity in Buckhead, not the lack of ammenities.

I find this building attractive and think it could actually work anywhere in the city (for some reason I see it working well next to the Marquis, creating a "swollen-building district"). However, putting this in Buckhead, and not addressing the street correctly (not saying that it won't), and not having some human scale features in the lower floors, this becomes a Middle Eastern tower......architectually unique and interesting, but really nothing more than a postcard landmark for everyone who doesn't live or work there.

I absolutely have fallen in love with this building and would love to make it home. Adding this building with the new "Terminus" under construction, plus the transit options and shopping and fine dining and you have a wonderful address. Peachtree "Boluevard" will only enhance the attractiveness of the building. I really hope it gets built.

• 1 month later...

This question is for anyone who works in the zoning department of the city or those who are in the know....

Has there been any more movement on this development? The website says that there will be a Fall 2005 start date but the building is still listed as proposed. Will the city government fast track this building? This along with the new 600 ft tall Terminus building already under construction will totally change the Buckhead skyline. As you can see I'm excited but I haven't heard any more about this development. I trust that Regent will get it done......I'm just an eager beaver.

This question is for anyone who works in the zoning department of the city or those who are in the know....

Has there been any more movement on this development? The website says that there will be a Fall 2005 start date but the building is still listed as proposed. Will the city government fast track this building? This along with the new 600 ft tall Terminus building already under construction will totally change the Buckhead skyline. As you can see I'm excited but I haven't heard any more about this development. I trust that Regent will get it done......I'm just an eager beaver.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are actually suppose to start in October and I think the floorplans for the condos will be ready in September for the public. They have signed tenants that have to move in by second quarter of 2007. The condos will be finished by the fourth quarter of 2007. This is a done deal!!! There should be more info in the coming months for this project.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I just viewed the website for the Sovereign...also know as 3344 Peachtree. The views are gorgeous. The building is going up very nicely. This will definitely have a wonderful impact on the Buckhead skyline. This building is almost enough inducement to give up suburban living. Check out the views both north and south from the 47th floor. Make sure to click on the view when it comes up and it will move for you. As the site says, life begins on the 28th floor.

Here is the website for those who want to see the views. I love the south 47th floor view myself.

Sovereign Buckhead

I just viewed the website for the Sovereign...also know as 3344 Peachtree. The views are gorgeous. The building is going up very nicely. This will definitely have a wonderful impact on the Buckhead skyline. This building is almost enough inducement to give up suburban living.

Celeste, I had dinner last night with some friends at Park Place, and I must say that their views to the north are now just about as fascinating as they are looking south. We were standing out on the terraces, imagining how stunning it will look a few years from now, when Terminus, Gallery, 3344, 3630, the St. Regis, the Mansion, the Hilton, Cityplace, etc., come on line.

For what it's worth, the people I was visiting are pretty plugged in, and it sounds like what's happening now is only the beginning of what we may see over the next several years.

Archived