3344 Peachtree - The Sovereign

ATLman1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a fantastic looking tower. It's definitely going to add to the ever-growing Buckhead skyline. Does anyone think that Buckhead is on-par with uptown Houston (area around Galleria/Williams Tower) yet?

It is getting close. The towers in Buckhead look better to me. Once everything that is under construction and proposed is finished, Buckhead will pull way ahead of Uptown Houston.

I personally hope that those of influence in Buckhead (developers, Mr Massell, the Buckhead Coalition and neighboring communities) will continue working on making the pedestrian their main focus. The last thing we need as Atlantans are more skyscrapers with no regard to the person down below. While a 900' tall building would be interesting in Buckhead, what purpose would it serve? Merely to be "on the level of the Uptown area of Houston"...a locale that does not look to Buckhead to justify it's being as Buckhead should not look to any other to justify it's projects.

3344 is tall yes....but it also adds to the pedestrial experience along Peachtree. Something that is sorely needed. I love Panos and can not wait till it opens. With all the projects going in along Peachtree and in the Buckhead area, it's not what's up that will make the difference but what is right in your face. I guess from growth, I have learned to stop comparing. There is always bigger and better...after all is said and done, it's what works for the area and it's inhabitants.

I have to admit though....I'm still stuck on the views from the 47th floor of the Sovereign. :whistling:

Well not until Atlanta adds a 900 ft. tower will it be on-par with Galleria area.

Keep in mind the Williams tower is regarded as the tallest building in the world, outside of a core CBD or downtown. Your "condition" really isn't feasable, or a reasonable expectation.

Well we're almost there.

atlanta114kn6.jpg

I love how you can see the faint outline of the mountains in the background of that picture.

Not too long after I moved to Atlanta, I had an appointment in a Midtown highrise. It was a perfectly clear autumn morning, and I was amazed to look out of the window in the waiting area to see the Blue Ridge Mountains staring me in the face!

Up to that point, I'd had no idea that the mountains could be seen so clearly from an Atlanta high-rise(if the weather is right).

• 6 months later...

It was fascinating to stand just beyond the Intercontinental and look at each floor's unique footprint on the northern corner. At this point the building is almost a regular form, but not completely. As the building undulates, each floor has a unique shape.

I really couldn't imagine the architects' and engineers' jobs of figuring out the exact floor shape to pull off the macro external form. Then to think about the varying loads on the steel and concrete, as well as wind sheer differences down low vs. aloft.

Archived