Sign in to follow this  
bic

Orlando Central | 325-feet Residential [Approved]

I agree with cwetteland. 

Providing another residential anchor along Gertrude's Walk may help stimulate development between this property and Church Street, as well as up to Colonial. There a bit of a barrier between this strip and Orange Ave (Sunrail/CSX tracks and almost a solid row of parking garages) but I think that could help Gertrude's Walk develop it's own identity. I think the key will be filling in the gaps in the trail and really having some destination activities along it (like Ace Cafe, and maybe a dog park). This might be a reach, but I can see Robinson corridor benefitting as a retail district after this project comes online, North Quarter is filled out, and maybe another couple residential buildings are built along Gertrude's Walk.

I'd like for the Robinson corridor to evolve similar to Central Ave but that would only happen with a major road diet (four to two lanes) and street calming measures.  The Robinson side of Lake Eola actually has THE BEST views of the lake and the skyline -- it would be great for businesses along this stretch to maximize their potential by making this a more pedestrian friendly stretch.

I was just looking at the MPB report that just came out.  There's been a change.  The lighter section of the building has added what looks like a floor, making it taller than the darker part of the building.  This top floor does not have balconies like the floors below it.  Could this be the "signature crown"? 

This is this one right?

http://www.svn.com/find-properties/?propertyId=92204-lease

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/Profile.aspx?LID=19272986&SRID=6457066392&StepID=101

Looks like they just listed this 2 days ago. Hopefully that means it is moving forward. Don't know if we'll ever get the 2nd tower with it being condos but would be nice.

No.  We've been talking about Orlando Central, one block north of this.  This is new, if real..  

Ok couldn't tell if the same lot or not. The lease brochure on loopnet is an investment offering brochure so we have a long way to go but its very interesting if this is a new one.

Anyone have insight on whether or not Orlando Central is happening?

A while back I was told to bet on City Tower and Tremont and so far it seems like that was sound advice 

What's happened to this project?  Has it died?  Its been nearly one year since any posts.  Sorry if I've been under a rock.  Just signed up to this site yesterday.

Nothing's been reported on it for over a year, I'd say it's safe to add this to the graveyard of proposals that could have been.

Architectonica (the architecture firm that designed this project) held a lecture last month in the downtown UCF building. I regret not being able to go, but if I did, I would have asked someone in the firm what happened with it.

• Like 2