Orlando Central | 325-feet Residential [Approved]

bic

• 3 years later...

14 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

It's what happens when the likes of Ft Lauderdale and St Petersburg are leaving you in the dust for density 

19 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Not happening. 

Maybe, but please expand?

Edited by Jernigan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I love the idea of a pool looking straight onto I-4.

Yeah, I don't get the reasoning behind that either.

Turned around the other way, the lower floor units would look out at I-4, but as it is, they're looking at train tracks and a parking garage.

Seems like they'd want to give the pool deck users a nice view of DTO and Lake Eola.   

8 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Turned around the other way, the lower floor units would look out at I-4, but as it is, they're looking at train tracks and a parking garage.

Seems like they'd want to give the pool deck users a nice view of DTO and Lake Eola.   

I'm thinking afternoon sun...on the config.

it reminds me of one of those Brightline videos showing either the Boca station or Ft.L station and showing the train heading SB; the track is triple at that point; and there are apartment or condos in the same config as this building, pool decks looking at a wide track easement...

maybe it's the latest craze...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Impressive, if it happens.....

Screenshot-20220805-094400.jpg

at that height the "building" will be taller than DuPont up the street; it's height is the result of those spires, so the roof is like two stories/height shorter...or maybe their respective rooflines will be the same height.

7 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I love the idea of a pool looking straight onto I-4.

I don't think that rendering is accurate. 500 plus units should yield a taller garage. 

6 hours ago, JFW657 said:

If you flipped it, the units would be closer to the highway. As long as the garage is tall enough, you won't see much of it. 

This detail is rich:

The 1.4-acre site currently is a parking lot owned by Florida businessman Harry Hahamovitch's related Delray Beach-based HHH Reilly Fund. Kuhn has been managing the parking operation there on behalf of Hahamovitch, he said. 

Kuhn has an option to buy the property before February 2023 for about $15 million, he told OBJ.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2022/08/05/florida-skyscraper-downtown-orlando-cameron-kuhn.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=BN&utm_content=or&ana=e_or_BN&j=28634987&senddate=2022-08-05

Edited by Tim3167
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

KUUUUUHHHNNN!!

image.gif.33d4f0125a954f631a35c9ffdebd5524.gif

Yes, Cameron Kuhn aka the "king of Downtown", is proposing, a 395 foot tower that would have "544 market-rate apartments, 40,895 square feet of office space, 22,000 square feet of retail space, and 350 parking spaces located on levels 2 through 5. " per GS. "The development plan includes 138 studio apartments, 228 one-bedroom units, 162 two-bedroom units and 16 three-bedroom units."

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-downtown-orlando-tower-grec-jefferson-20220805-cv7duh7cgjc5hcpofhunoa6tzm-story.html

Goes before the MPB 9/20.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Tim3167 said:

This detail is rich:

The 1.4-acre site currently is a parking lot owned by Florida businessman Harry Hahamovitch's related Delray Beach-based HHH Reilly Fund. Kuhn has been managing the parking operation there on behalf of Hahamovitch, he said. 

Kuhn has an option to buy the property before February 2023 for about $15 million, he told OBJ.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2022/08/05/florida-skyscraper-downtown-orlando-cameron-kuhn.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=BN&utm_content=or&ana=e_or_BN&j=28634987&senddate=2022-08-05

dumb and dumber laughing GIF

• Haha 1