Jump to content

Orlando Central | 325-feet Residential [Approved]


bic

Recommended Posts

  • 3 years later...

Permit Number: MPL2022-10065
Project: 110 W. Jefferson - Mixed Use Development
Address: 110 W JEFFERSON ST Orlando FL
Description: Master Plan for a mixed-use development.
Application Status: Open
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2022 at 5:44 PM, Jernigan said:
Permit Number: MPL2022-10065
Project: 110 W. Jefferson - Mixed Use Development
Address: 110 W JEFFERSON ST Orlando FL
Description: Master Plan for a mixed-use development.
Application Status: Open

Not happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

It's what happens when the likes of Ft Lauderdale and St Petersburg are leaving you in the dust for density 

 

19 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Not happening. 

Maybe, but please expand?

Edited by Jernigan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I love the idea of a pool looking straight onto I-4.

Yeah, I don't get the reasoning behind that either.

Turned around the other way, the lower floor units would look out at I-4, but as it is, they're looking at train tracks and a parking garage.

Seems like they'd want to give the pool deck users a nice view of DTO and Lake Eola.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Yeah, I don't get the reasoning behind that either.

Turned around the other way, the lower floor units would look out at I-4, but as it is, they're looking at train tracks and a parking garage.

Seems like they'd want to give the pool deck users a nice view of DTO and Lake Eola.   

I'm thinking afternoon sun...on the config.

it reminds me of one of those Brightline videos showing either the Boca station or Ft.L station and showing the train heading SB; the track is triple at that point; and there are apartment or condos in the same config as this building, pool decks looking at a wide track easement...

maybe it's the latest craze...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

I'm thinking afternoon sun...on the config.

This.  Pools on the east side get morning sun, and most people want afternoon/evening sun.

Also, typically pool is on a high enough pedestal and high enough walls that you don't see I-4.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Impressive, if it happens.....

Screenshot-20220805-094400.jpg

at that height the "building" will be taller than DuPont up the street; it's height is the result of those spires, so the roof is like two stories/height shorter...or maybe their respective rooflines will be the same height.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I love the idea of a pool looking straight onto I-4.

I don't think that rendering is accurate. 500 plus units should yield a taller garage. 

6 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Yeah, I don't get the reasoning behind that either.

Turned around the other way, the lower floor units would look out at I-4, but as it is, they're looking at train tracks and a parking garage.

Seems like they'd want to give the pool deck users a nice view of DTO and Lake Eola.   

If you flipped it, the units would be closer to the highway. As long as the garage is tall enough, you won't see much of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This detail is rich:

The 1.4-acre site currently is a parking lot owned by Florida businessman Harry Hahamovitch's related Delray Beach-based HHH Reilly Fund. Kuhn has been managing the parking operation there on behalf of Hahamovitch, he said. 

Kuhn has an option to buy the property before February 2023 for about $15 million, he told OBJ.

 

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2022/08/05/florida-skyscraper-downtown-orlando-cameron-kuhn.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=BN&utm_content=or&ana=e_or_BN&j=28634987&senddate=2022-08-05

 

Edited by Tim3167
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

KUUUUUHHHNNN!!

image.gif.33d4f0125a954f631a35c9ffdebd5524.gif

 

Yes, Cameron Kuhn aka the "king of Downtown", is proposing, a 395 foot tower that would have "544 market-rate apartments, 40,895 square feet of office space, 22,000 square feet of retail space, and 350 parking spaces located on levels 2 through 5. " per GS. "The development plan includes 138 studio apartments, 228 one-bedroom units, 162 two-bedroom units and 16 three-bedroom units."

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-downtown-orlando-tower-grec-jefferson-20220805-cv7duh7cgjc5hcpofhunoa6tzm-story.html

Goes before the MPB 9/20.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tim3167 said:

This detail is rich:

The 1.4-acre site currently is a parking lot owned by Florida businessman Harry Hahamovitch's related Delray Beach-based HHH Reilly Fund. Kuhn has been managing the parking operation there on behalf of Hahamovitch, he said. 

Kuhn has an option to buy the property before February 2023 for about $15 million, he told OBJ.

 

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2022/08/05/florida-skyscraper-downtown-orlando-cameron-kuhn.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=BN&utm_content=or&ana=e_or_BN&j=28634987&senddate=2022-08-05

 

dumb and dumber laughing GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.